Chapter Ten: Ninja With a Flamthrower?

Start from the beginning

"Callista." she says, extending a hand. I look down at it but don't return the greeting, I'd like to keep my identity to myself thank you very much.

She doesn't seemed fazed by my silence and drops her arm to the side. "So you found the exit as well?"

"Yes." I reply bluntly, not breaking eye contact

She nods her head and looks at something behind her, "I do believe these are yours? The Immortui deposits all weapons down here, you got quite an impressive haul."

"Yes."

She tosses a bundle towards me and I catch it with my left hand. Glancing up at Callista, I unwrap it and both mine and Robbie's weapons tumble out. I quickly snatch up mine and begin putting them back into place. My guns on my belt, the knives in my boots, pants and sleeves, and finally, the darts concealed in my hair.

Straightening, I throw the remaining articles towards Robbie and face Callista, "So. Exactly what happens now?" I ask, crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow.

"Well, the Immortui put a group of us in the arena last week. The five of us ended up finding the exit and were transported to this lovely place where we met up with four others. Sadly, with the Immortui being the conniving bastards that they are, they made sure that we are only let out every month. Today is that day."

I nod, "So we just wait for this gate to open and go our separate ways?"

"Yes, that's the idea."

"I don't thinks it's going to be that simple." Robbie says, finally deciding to join the conversation, "You see...uh.."

"Callista."

"You see Callista. Allyson and I aren't the type of people the Immortui like to make friends with."

She stares at him, "Th Immortui don't make friends. Period. And I hardly think that a few weapons are going to make you seem like a threat, I have a flamethrower for crying out loud!"

Now it's our turn to stare, "How."

"The hell"

"Did you"

"Get a flamethrower?" I finish

She shrugs, "Got it from my friend's father, he was the one who taught me all that ninja fighting, and you do realize it's really creepy when you two finish each others sentences."

"When you're stuck with someone for three years, you learn a lot." I say

Callista laughs and I feel myself warming up to this strange girl, "So, why won't the Immortui let you go?"

"Were Z hunters." Robbie says bluntly.

Callista's smile drops and her eyes widen, "Z hunters?"

"Roaming California, Nevada and Arizona for two years."

She shakes her head, "No no no no, this is not good, no you can't be. No, this changes everything."

"Why does this change everything?" Robbie and I ask in sync.

"Because the last time the Immortui captured Z hunters and they escaped, they got really mad, and I mean really mad and killed twenty people that were in the holding cells.

I feel all the colour drain from my face. Great. Absolutely fantastic. Just cause Robbie and I didn't feel like dying, the Immortui are going to slaughter each and every refugee in the center. Wow, we fucked up BIG time.

"But, all the prisoners are down here right? The Immortui can't do anything to us?" Robbie says.

"They're the ones who control whether or not the gate opens."

I bite my lip and try to think of a plan. "Callista, where exactly is this gate?"

She looks at me, surprised. "Why do you want to know?"

I grin, "Because I think I have a plan that will get us out of here."

She blinks at me disbelievingly and turns around, motioning us with a finger to follow. I exchange a glance with Robbie and together we walk down the darkened hallway.

"Here we are." Callista says, pointing towards a wall with a finger, "The door's right here but it's virtually unbreakable."

"We'll see about that." I say with a smirk, and move to examine the gate. Or should I say prison door?

It's like something you would see in a jail, except instead of something like steel bars, there a solid sheet of metal. Fun.

"Callista give me the flamethrower." I say, holding my hand out behind me for the weapon. When it doesn't come I turn around to look at her, "The flamethrower please."

She looks around nervously, "It doesn't work."

I stare at her in disbelief, "Give me it."

She doesn't hesitate to comply and drops the weapon into my outstretched hand. I bring it up to my face and inspect it, looking for any flaws. I'm almost giving up hope when I examine the trigger, but something catches my eye. There it is, a little pebble -almost invisible- wedged in the mechanism, keeping the trigger from moving.

"I think I found your problem." I say, digging the pebble out with my fingernail, "There, good as new. Now you might want to stand back."

"And why would we do that?" Callista asks as I heft the weapon up onto my shoulder.

"Because I'm gonna unleash all hell on this door."

"OH SHIT! MOVE BACK MOVE BACK!" Robbie yells, sprinting back down the hallway with Callista close on his heels. I back up a safe distance and aim the weapon at the steel bars.

"This is going to be fun."

I pull the trigger and almost instantly, a gout of fire erupts from the end of the weapon. I keep it concentrated on the middle of the door and after a few minutes of relentless torment, I cease. Wow, flamethrowers are fun.

"Allyson are you dead?" Robbie calls from the other room.

"Yes."

"Oh, well did you get rid of the door?"

I gaze to the giant hole that has been burnt into the door, "Yes."

"Okay."

I hear feet and a few seconds later, I see Robbie, Callista, and eight other people I haven't seen before come around the corner.

"Flamethrowers are fun." I say, breaking the awkward silence that fell when everyone saw the damage I inflicted.

"I think you had a bit too much fun." Robbie says, coming over to stand beside me.

I shrug, "It got us out didn't it?"

"True."

I turn to talk to Callista when something catches my eye.

"Oh shit."

wonder what it is?????? hmmmmmm

sorry about the late upload but our computer decided to go wacko and mess up the Internet.

....stupid computer :l

Also, a shoutout to @OneDirectionDarling @Omgttylttyn @lamegamer23 and @SourChild for reading this, Thanks again ;P

-whispersong312