Chapter Seven: Two Hours of Hell

Start from the beginning

Robbie and I stand stock-still, letting the Z's come to us, not wanting to waste our precious stores of energy. Impulse tells me to send my knife spinning into a Z's forehead this very second, but that would almost guarantee my death, so I suppress the urge and face the Z's, who should be upon us within a minute.

I give Robbie a small shove -our weird, messed-up sign that seems to give the other comfort- and he returns it, doing it much harder so I almost fall over

"Robbie, if we live through this, I will kill you." I mumble, coaxing a small smile to his lips.

"You wouldn't, you love me too much." he replies.

"Asshole."

"Is that my new nickname? Cause you seem to be calling me that a lot lately."

I shake my head, fighting the smile that threatens to appear, even in what could very well be the last moments of our lives, we still have time for comical banter.

"See you on the other side." I say as the distance between us and the Z's dwindles down to ten feet.

"If you mean the other side of the football field then see you in a few hours." Robbie says

I let the suppressed smile twist my lips into a grin as the first of the Z's are upon us. Like some long forgotten poet once said, "Death, is only the beginning of another adventure."

Or something like that.

"FOR WHATEVER THIS PLACE IS!!!!!" Robbie shouts as we plunge into the mass of Z's.

Immediately I'm twisting, hacking at anything I can sink my weapon into. I'm rewarded by a spray of blood as my dagger finds its way into a Z's forehead. Everything around me fades to a blur, as the familiar high of battle enters my veins. It's a strange thing, fighting. It's almost as if time slows down, giving you more time to process the situation, making sure that your next blow will be a killing one. It does something to your hormones to. Makes you have a higher adrenaline rush, during and after the battle. Sort of makes you more primitive, as if you've suddenly become a cave-man. Either way, you can't really describe what it feels like, you have to experience it for yourself.

I'm jolted out of my thoughts by nails raking down my shoulder .Instinctively, I grab the arm and attempt to sling the person over my shoulder, but instead of hearing a thump behind me as a body hits the ground, I instead am rewarded with the sound of flesh and muscle tearing as I yank the Z's arm clean off.

Now, a normal person, when put in the same situation as I am, would probably drop the arm and run away screaming. In fact, a normal person wouldn't have gotten themselves captured by the Immortui in the first place, but everybody knows that I'm obviously NOT a normal person. So instead of dropping the limb and screaming bloody murder, I turn it into a weapon, and smack its original owner in the face as hard as I can. There's a sickening crack as either the arm or the neck of the Z -probably both- snaps, and the Z crumples to the ground. I throw the now useless arm at another Z, and stab the one on the ground in the forehead for good measure.

With my shoulder burning from the wound dealt by the Z, I whirl around and hold my knife in the air, preparing to sink it in to more rotted flesh, when to my surprise, I find that there are no Z's left standing.

"Allyson are you ok?" Robbie says.

"Yeah I'm fine." I say, "How long were we fighting?"

"Honestly, I would say less than five minutes."

I stare around the arena in shock, we killed twenty Z's in five minutes, with -no doubt- the Immortui watching. Not good.

"Well we have fifteen minutes to kill, which brings me back to my original question, are you okay?" Robbie says, starting towards me.