Chapter 21

A/N: There is gonna be quite a few changes in POV in this chapter, so sorry if it gets confusing for people. There will be another Author's Note towards the end of this chapter.

 I listened to my father's words carefully. I needed to prove how much I loved him, and what I had in mind would surely do the trick. I walked back into the apartment building, but instead of going to my apartment I went to Kane's. I needed him to help me with this plan of mine. I knocked on the front door, probably a little too loud, then stood there as I waited for it to open. It was around 11am so I was assuming that Kane and Isaac were both awake.

Kane swung the door open, and stood there looking at me, whilst he gave me a disapproving look. I rolled my eyes as he pushed open the door, inviting me in. I walked in, shutting the door behind me then followed him into the living room. I sat down on the couch, and he sat down beside me.

"What do you want Jace?" He said, in quite an annoyed tone. Well someone woke up on the wrong side of bed today. I ignored how annoyed he sounded and told him about everything - I told him about what really happened last night at the party, I told him about meeting my father, then I told him about the plan I'd been conjuring up. I told him what I wanted him to do too, which was to simply take Isaac out somewhere, but not where I was going to be. I didn't want to talk to him just yet. I wanted to surprise him.

 He nodded and took everything in that I had to say. He would occasionally tell me to be quieter, as his grandma was sleeping, but I was okay with that, and I complied. He agreed to doing what I'd asked, and I was so happy, that I was nearly jumping up and down on the seat. I said nearly. I got up from the couch, thanked Kane once again, then left the apartment, leaving him to do what we'd agreed on.

*Isaac's Point of View*

I guess that I was still very mad at Jace for what had happened last night. I went to check on him this morning, but he's gone. I guess I knew that this was coming. It just all seemed too good to be true. Nothing stays good for me. I sat on the couch, watching TV. I'd already taken a shower this morning and since then I'd been bored senseless. I didn't really know what to do. I'd filled in the 3 job applications, and I'd posted them. When I was doing that, I watched Jace walk into the building, but I don't think he noticed me. He looked really happy. Maybe I just made him really unhappy.

I wasn't paying any attention to the program that was on TV, until a knock on the door knocked me back to reality. I sighed, wondering who could be wanting me right now, and opened the door to see Kane, looking rather nervous for some reason.

"Hey Kane. What's up?" I asked, watching his every move, getting suspicious that he was upto something.

"Oh nothing, just thought we could hang out today. I'm really bored and my grandma is meeting my mum for the day. They didn't want me around, and Jace isn't really talking to me, after what happened. So, well here I am." He explained, nervously picking at his nails. I nodded, understanding and I invited him in.

"So, what were you thinking we could do today?" I asked him, shutting the door behind him and we walked into the living room and plopped onto the couch.

"Well maybe we could go shopping? I need to get some stuff and well I didn't wanna go on my own." He suggested. Yeah that sounded pretty good. I could get Jace off my mind then as well.

"Alright, sounds like a plan!" I said, jumping off the couch, smiling and holding out my hand for him. He took it and stood up then we made our way out the apartment building and towards the shopping center.

*Kane's Point of View*

I can't lie to him, but Jace promised me not to tell him anything. I just have to ask casual, but that's hard when I don't know what I do when I'm being casual. I was just getting really nervous whilst I was around Isaac, and I could tell that Isaac was getting suspicious because he kept frowning at me and asking me if I was okay, which of course I had to say I was fine, which I don't think he believed, but he didn't say anything else.