Chapter 6

*Isaac's Point of View*

He kissed me whilst we were on the swings, and I found myself kissing back. It was so great. I really did miss this contact with someone else. I deepened the kiss, holding him close to me, keeping the swing still by my feet against the floor. I pulled away to catch my breath and smiled at him, my eyes locking with his as I felt myself get lost in them for a minute. I realized what I was doing then, I swore I wouldn't love again after Noah, and I don't want this to go any further. I lifted Jace from my lap and stood him back on the floor before getting up too.

"I need to go back to work.." I told him.  As much as I didn't want to go or ruin the moment I had to, otherwise who knows what my boss will do to me. He nodded and stood on his tiptoes to kiss my lips gently.

"I understand. I will be at yours when you finish." He smiled, taking my hand. "I don't want you to be late." I nodded, walking with him as he lead the way to the cafe. I soon arrived at the cafe, kissing him a quick goodbye, before heading back inside. I went into the back, putting my uniform back on before warning my boss that I was back from my break.

I kept on serving people, making the stuff they wanted and making everyone satisfied with their experience at the cafe, but as my shift dragged on, it became harder and harder not to think of Jace. His soft lips against mine, his cute face, and how perfect he was. I know I'd sworn not to love again but maybe he was my exception, maybe this is how it's meant to be, and all this happened for a reason. It seemed logical in a way. I couldn't wait to get home, to see his face, but then what if he wasn't there. What if I'm not good enough? He's so sweet, but I don't wanna rush anything anymore. After my ex, and all the abuse I got that I never told Jace about, I got a lot more sensitive. What if he hates me because I don't wanna rush things? Oh god, what if he leaves again and I can't find him? I just kept thinking of endless possibilites until my shift was over and it was time for me to go back home. I got my stuff together, leaving my work clothes in the back, said goodbye to my boss and left for home.

I'd got home and Jace was there, still there at my apartment. He smiled as he saw me open the front door and ran into my arms, hugging me tightly.

"I missed you." He whispered into my ear and I shivered from his breath against my ear.

"I missed you too." I whispered back quietly and he smiled, hearing what I'd said. "We need to talk though.." He nodded and pulled apart from our hug. I walked through and shut the door behind me, sitting down on the couch. He sat down beside me and looked at me.

"What is it that you'd like to talk about?" He smiled softly, and I could see in his eyes and face that he was nervous about what I might say, and I looked into his eyes.

"Us. This.. I want to take all this slow. I don't want to be hurt, like last time.." I bit my lip nervously and he nodded, and I could see that he understood what I was trying to say.

"Well I won't push you into anything you don't want to, I promise. I wouldn't be able to do that to you, I just don't know what came over me at the park." He looked down and I nodded.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Understanding my circumstances."

"You don't have to thank me. I will always try my best to understand you, Isaac. You're the only person who's understood me and been here for me. You don't hate me like just about everyone else." He bit his lip and I could see him tearing up slightly, and I gently used the pad of my thumb to wipe his tears, and he blushed softly.

"I would never hate you. I care about you and I would never want to do anything to hurt you like that. I know that you've been through a lot, and well I just want you to feel better, because for some reason when I first met you I just wanted you to be alright, despite us being strangers." I spoke quietly and he looked at me.