Vol 2 Chap 41

XH 41

After Tian Zi finished wrapping a clean bandage over her swollen wrist, Xiao Hua actually planned to continue training, albeit a lighter one to avoid making her injury become worse. But her plan was destroyed when she feels a raindrop landed on her cheek.

"It's raining!"

Luckily, the spot they were resting was under a pavilion, with thick, secure rooftop protecting them from the sun and the rain. The rain was not light yet it was not overly heavy, causing a headache for Xiao Hua.

What should she do? Train or not to train under this weather?

The pain on her right wrist had eased up a lot after the medicine was applied. She could do some light throws, but the padded bag should not be used on her right hand.

"Sister Tian Zi, can you help me tie the bags on my left wrist instead?"

Tian Zi frowned. "You are not allowed to train while raining."

Xiao Hua's choice automatically falls on 'Yes, let's train' when Tian Zi forbid her to train. When someone told you not to do something, you will want to do it, regardless of what common sense was telling you.

"It's just rain. You never trained when it's raining before?"

Tian Zi looked awkward as every servant under the Third Prince's command would treat rain as nothing but different scenery when it comes to training. But she stopped Xiao Hua because of her special identity.

Master had told them to make sure Elder Sister Xiao Hua eat and sleep on time. Actually, they had already predicted that Elder sister Hua would fail the task unless she was a prodigy or a talented cultivator, which she was not.

Tian Zi: Could it be...Was their master looking for an opportunity to punish Elder Sister Hua?

Xiao Hua feels uncomfortable when Tian Zi's eyes on her suddenly changed to something that raised her guard on. It was as if her eyes were conveying her pity and condolences.

Xiao Hua: I'm not going to die under the rain for a few hours!

"Da Bei, can you help me tie?" Xiao Hua lifted her left wrist to the younger boy when Tian Zi did not make any move to help.

A voice suddenly cut in. "It's unwise to train under the rain." Eunuch Lau Liu stepped into the pavilion after closing the umbrella and leaves it at a side.

"Sir Lau Liu is right. Elder Sister Hua, please stop the training for now," Tian Zi quickly coaxed Xiao Hua when she has gotten someone to back her up.

Xiao Hua was unwilling to but she knows that there would be a high possibility that she would get sick if she stayed under the rain for too long. The wind has gotten stronger as well and the wooden boards were swinging around, making it hard to land a knife on it. Her throws would be skewed thanks to the wind as well.

After telling herself all these, her unwillingness slowly diminished. "Sir Lau Liu and Sister Tian Zi are right."

"The rain would not stop until tomorrow. Today's training will have to end here. This old man had Tian Chi to prepare a hot soup for Xiao Hua to keep your body warm."

Would the rain not stop until tomorrow? The sun was still high and Xiao Hua guessed it was still quite sometime before the evening. The sky was not gloomy looking so it should not be an all-day rain.

Tian Zi personally escorted Xiao Hua back to her room before heading to the kitchen to bring her a bowl of hot soup. Xiao Hua refused to bath despite how much Si Si tried to get her to. Why would she bath when she would train later?