"Alfred I..." Alfred steps closer to Arthur, his blue eyes boring into Arthur's, "Yes?"

"I..." Arthur's cheeks were flushed and Alfred steps closer. "...I have a date with Antonio today..."

"Arthur, can't you give some time for me?" Alfred then grabs Arthur's hand and he feels Arthur shiver under his touch. "You always spend time with him and it hurts me, Arthur."

"Alfred, I warned you before... please back away..." Arthur mutters warningly, but Alfred leans closer. "But what if I don't want to?"

Alfred's heart starts racing like crazy as he continues to lean closer. Arthur's face is all red now but he just seems frozen in his spot, "A-Alfred-"

"Just kidding, I'll back off." Alfred teases, chuckling as he back away from Arthur at a regular distance. He feels pain of course but he's promised Arthur's mother to not hurt him anymore. "I just wanted to play chess with you with at least just a couple of games. Can't you at least cancel it or just delay your date for a bit?" Alfred asks, eyeing Arthur who's still red and frozen in his spot.

"Y-You idiot...!" Alfred's eyebrows furrow but he retains his smile. "I know, I'm an idiot. But this idiot just wants the person he loves to play chess with him for a little while."

He sees Arthur's shoulders shoulders move for a bit. "...f-fine..." Alfred smiles brightly, his chest fluttering. "Really?"

"Yes, but only a couple of games, okay...?" Alfred nods happily, and if he had a tail it would have been wagging all over the place.

Arthur sits down on the carpeted floor and Alfred follows, sitting across him and he couldn't help the grin appearing on his face as he sets down the board.

He hears a small snicker and he looks over at Arthur, who's has a slightly noticeable smirk on his face, "Why are you so happy with just playing chess with me?"

Alfred pouts playfully, "Because it's with you, of course." He sees Arthur blush, making himself chuckle. "You don't really feel that way..." Arthur mutters.

Alfred goes silent for a second before crawling over to Arthur, who instantly widens his eyes. "Arthur, how many times do I have to tell you for you to believe me...?"

"Maybe this will work..." Alfred mutters as he cups Arthur's chin and removes his glasses.

His blue eyes bore into Arthur's and he knows he has Arthur locked in his place.

"...I love you, Arthur." Alfred says with utmost truth and feeling and his heart flutters with joy as he sees Arthur's emerald green eyes turn brighter, greener. "And I know that somewhere within you, you still love me too."

Then Alfred was pushed off him. "S-Shut up, you idiot!" Alfred sits up, a small frown on his face but then it turns to a small smile as he sees the reaction of Arthur.

Arthur was covering his clearly red face, shaking and rambling, "Stupid handsome idiotic wanker, suddenly doing that you stupid...! I'll never admit to anything...!!"

Alfred laughs, his heart beating happily.

Once Alfred had arranged the pieces, they quickly begin the game.

A couple of minutes passed and now it's Arthur's turn. Alfred watches him intently, admiring him more and more seeing how focused Arthur looks.

His green eyes were darker in shade, showing his seriousness and focus on the game infront of him. Alfred looks up at Arthur's hair and chuckles a bit as he sees a stray of hair sticking out.

"What's funny?" Alfred looks over at Arthur, who's dark green eyes turned to a bright emerald color. Alfred smiles sweetly, a small blush in his cheeks, "I was just admiring you from here." Alfred says, winking at Arthur who just huffs at him, a small blush appearing on his cheeks.

"Focus on the game, please... I want to end this early." Alfred frowns. That hurt.

Once Arthur had made his move, Alfred sits up and calculates the situation.

He then sighs, "Man, I'm really losing this one, Arthur." Alfred admits, scratching his head as he decides to move his horse away from a bishop possibly eating it.

Arthur makes his move, taking Alfred's rook and placing his queen on it's spot. Alfred gasps, "Aw what?? I didn't even see that?"

Arthur chuckles softly. Alfred looks up at him and he smiles as well. As long as Arthur is happy, he's happy.

Alfred makes another move, but with every move from Arthur makes Alfred lose all of his advantageous pieces until he's only left with his king and a couple of pons.

Alfred raises his hands, "Aw man, I give up!" Arthur chuckles again and Alfred sighs happily. "You're still as good as back then, huh? I really can't beat you."

Arthur looks at him and blushes a bit. "That's not true. I'm quite rusty these days..."

And so they play a couple of games for what felt like hours and Alfred enjoyed every single moment of it.

Especially when Arthur looked like he was having fun.

***

"Gah! It's 11 a.m.! I'm two hours late!" Arthur panics, standing up and Alfred frowns. "Can't you just cancel it, Arthur? You're with me after all."

Arthur turns around and glares at him. "Look, Alfred, that's enough. Antonio is my... Boyfriend," Alfred noticed the hesitation but doesn't comment on it, "and I need to focus on him."

Alfred stands up as well. "But Arthur, I know you love me as well! You're just dating him because I hurt you and he was there to comfort you!"

Arthur slaps him.

Alfred's eyes were wide open, his expression showing... Shock.

"Because you hurt me, Alfred." Arthur says, retractijg his hand and standing stiffly. "But unlike you, Antonio cares. He came to visit me when I had no one with me and he's showed me how much he's been caring for me all this time."

Alfred's shoulders sag and he feels his legs getting weaker.

"I might still love you Alfred, but I've had enough. I want to start fresh and anew with someone who's actually been there for me at my lowest." Alfred shakes. His fists clenched.

"So you h-have to just accept it, Alfred." Alfred can hear Arthur's voice shaking. Maybe he's too angry at him...

"One day... I-I'm going to fall completely for Antonio... And you're going to fall for someone else." Alfred shakes his head.

"Arthur I can't..." Alfred says desperately, his voice shaking with sadness. "I can't just let that happen..."

"Alfred, you have to!" Arthur yells at him, tears falling in his eyes. Alfred gasps.

"For the both of us...! You have to...!" Arthur yells, his tears flowing faster than before. Alfred walks over to Arthur's shaking body and pulls him in for a hug.

He lets Arthur cry on his shoulder. "...I'm sorry for making you cry again, Arthur..."

He hugs Arthur tighter. "But I love you too much to just let you go..."

He can feel Arthur grip his shirt tightly and Alfred closes his eyes. "So even if it kills me, I won't stop."