Chapter Six: The Mistake That Broke Me

Start from the beginning

I trusted and believed her because I thought she was perfect. I thought those she associated herself with was perfect, too. Everyone was beautiful, and everyone always smiled and talked happily with her.

I only realized it was all fake when I grew older and my mind matured. My neighborhood was visually appealing and alluring to the eye. On the outside, everything looked normal and beautiful. All the homes with their sparkling swimming pools certainly looked gorgeous.

But on the inside, suffering lived.

It was the land of insecurity on the inside.

It was a world full of pain in the form of gorgeous landscaping.

But everyone was too blind to see that.

"Yeah...she's a little....well she seems to lack morals and common sense at times."

Owen waves it off. "Eh, she's just looking out for you. Let her do her job."

Is even my boyfriend so damn blind? I think to myself as I inwardly facepalm myself. You would think other rich people, such as Owen, who grew up with the same kind of parents I did would understand where I'm coming from and what I mean.

But nope.

Because he's blind in some areas, too.

Also, I'm almost twenty-one. I'm an independent woman who doesn't need her mother toddling around everywhere she goes. I don't need a babysitter nor a dictator in my life. I'm an adult who can think on her own, I don't need my mother to "do her job" anymore.

I'm not a child.

I just shrug it off, though. No use in trying to explain to him. "Yeah, whatever."

So, the night goes on. Owen and I do end up having a good time, though, despite some of our disagreements about the future. This is nothing new, though, because very relationship has their issues.

We will just have to work through them.

The night comes to an end, and I once again find myself lying in Owen's arms that night. I look out the window which bares the moon high in the sky, and for the first time in a long time, I look forward to what tomorrow and my party beholds.

But little did I know this would the last time I fall asleep in a comfortable bed such as this. Little did I know this would be the last night I would be sleeping in my lover's arms.

* * *

The next morning, I awake in bed alone. The smell of pancakes and bacon permeates my senses and I smile widely when I see Owen carrying a tray of breakfast foods to me.

"Happy birthday." He says, delivering the tray to me.

I smile at him. "You made all of this for me?"

He nods. "Of course I did." He kisses my cheek and sits down into bed next to me.

"Thank you so much, babe. This was so kind of you." I say, cutting into my pancake and relishing in the fluffiness and perfect flavor.

"Anything for you." He chirps.

Yeah, anything except for one child that I want. I think bitterly, but quickly wash that thought away. I don't want to ruin the mood or today.

I let Owen have some of my bacon because I couldn't finish it all. He's a very good cook and I know that will be beneficial for our future.

Once breakfast is finished, he takes my tray back to the kitchen and washes it for me. Then, he urges me to follow him.

It's surprise time.