one : don't drop that towel

I hesitated at ringing the doorbell and nearly died when the door opened. A middle-aged woman answered the door and stood, drying her hands with a tiny towel. She had short, light brown hair with blonde highlights. Her emerald eyes greeted kindness, along with her smile.

"Why, hello! You must be Biddy's friend!" she exclaimed, putting her hands on her hips.

Sure... His friend... I thought to myself. I gave her a small smile, fiddling with my oversized sweater sleeves. I bit my lips, nodding shyly at the ground.

"Well, come in!" she laughed, gesturing behind her. She opened the door to let me in. I followed her inside, closing the door on my way in. My eyes were wide opened at the beautiful home.

"Mrs. Stag, you have a wonderful home..." I simply stated, studying the colorful beach house interior. She giggled and pivoted around. She was facing me, walking backwards.

"Please, call me Thracia. And thank you!" she smiled, "Um, what's your name again?" She stopped in her track, giving me a thought.

"Salem Shorebird" I answered, giving her a cheeky smile. I put one hand out for her to shake. She shook my hand, shooting me an impressed look.

"Salem? What an interesting name... I do apologize. Biddy hadn't told me a lot about you, especially about how well-mannered you are!" She let go of my hand and my smile went half-hearted. "Speaking of him... Biddy! Your friend is here!" she yelled up the stairs, smiling back at me after. I had only just noticed the wooden stairway, leading up to second story of the house. "He should be here any minute now..."

Then, by the looks of it, she realized something. "Oh my!" her eyes widened. "I forgot about dinner! Salem! Honey, please make yourself at home!" she said, before racing under an archway into another room, which was most likely, the kitchen.

Standing there, I spotted myself the vacant blue and white striped loveseat, accenting the beach house. I brought myself over, plopping my satchel on the ground and myself on the loveseat. This is it. I sighed and looked around. This is Biddy's house. This is his beautiful home.

I got myself together and reached for my satchel. He has a beautiful beach house and I have a small city apartment. I mumbled nonsense before taking out my binder.

I was flipping through the pages when I heard footsteps going down the stairs. A middle-aged man tightened his tie before seeing me.

"Well, well, well... Whom do we have here?" he smirked, leaning on the stair railing. It was Biddy's father, most likely. I stood up, straightening my sweater. I put my hands behind my back and introduced myself.

"Salem, sir." I coughed, nodding shyly at the ground. I do that a lot. "Nice to meet you, um, Salem!" He raised an eyebrow at my name and smirked again, before walking under the same archway Thracia raced under, into the kitchen. "Good guy..." I heard him mumble. I bit my lip, smiling at my binder and sat back down. That escalated quickly I thought... I plucked a pencil out of my pencil pouch and flicked it like metronome.

Biddy and I were paired up to do a project in Home Ec. class. I find it kind of weird because I like him. I like him as I'm gay and I have crush on him. Oh, and that awkward moment when he knows that I like him and doesn't talk to me. He ignores me. It's okay though. I don't talk to him either. We have never said a word to each other, ever since we laid eyes on each other.

Yeah...I don't know what's wrong with us. Technically, if we discuss about our project, we would be saying our first words to each other, but I don't want to talk about our project. I want to talk about us. I probably sound selfish but... I shook my head at the thought and frowned. It's never going to happen.

I was just about to write our project topic in my notebook, when I heard more footsteps on the second floor. I glanced up at the boy himself, with wet hair, and in a towel. Biddy was looking down at me, from the second floor railing, in surprise. I gasped and quickly looked away, furiously scribbling down some words. He coughed and I heard his footsteps leave. I closed my binder, holding it against my chest. That was awkward I bit my lip. I slid my pencil behind my ear and made my way upstairs.

I stood in the corridor, staring at the hallway of doors. It was a process of elimination before I found his bedroom door. The bathroom door was opened. I guessed the door at the end of the hallway was the parents' master bedroom. Another door had a child's laughter, which I guessed was Biddy's younger brother. Another door had an older teenager's voice, which I guessed was Biddy's older brother. I chose the last door, which was awkwardly silent.

I hesitated once more at knocking on his door. And again, I nearly died when he opened the door, his tone body still in a towel. He was towel-drying his dark brown hair, when his bright gray eyes gazed into my dark brown eyes. He had his mother's eyes, but they were also blue. His eyes reminded me of a rainy day. Biddy tilted his head and shot me a familiar face. Flashback.

"Salem, meet Biddy," Nikki introduced. Nikki is one of my great friends. She's also Biddy's friend. It's funny because Nikki and I were enemies to frienemies, to friends. We were in tennis class together, but she left due to a change in her schedule... I came out to her and told her about my colossal crush on Biddy... She's so supportive! She wanted to introduce us to each other, but it didn't go to well... "Biddy, meet Salem!" I hid in my brown hoodie, flailing my arms awkwardly under my sleeves. I squeaked quietly, blushing like a bubblegum. I looked like a fool! Biddy tilted his head, shot me an awkward face, and walked away. He didn't say anything...

Flash-forward. Biddy had the awkward face on. He didn't walk away, but gestured me to come in. He didn't say anything, as always... I entered his bedroom, plucking the pencil from behind my ear. I immediately wrote down our project topic in my notebook.

THE PARENTING PROJECT I showed him. He nodded in agreement, and then went into his dresser drawer to find clothes. As I said, he was still in a towel, so I was blushing like crazy! But I kept my head down, pretending to scribble down some words. Hopefully, he couldn't see me. After an awkward silence, he coughed. I looked up to see him pointing at his bed, which was conveniently behind me. I raised an eyebrow at him, plopping myself on his bed. He nodded and went to a corner to put on his clothes.

Why in the world am I here, when he's changing? I tried to ignore the fact I was in the same room with a half-naked Biddy, and continued to scribble down some more words. Then, I heard his towel drop and his loud gasp.

Nope! I stormed out of the room, covering my face with my binder, so I couldn't see him and he couldn't see me. I slammed the door behind me, causing Biddy's brothers to peek outside their doors. I heard Thracia call from downstairs, asking if everything was okay. I put on a fake smile at Biddy's brothers, and replied to Thracia.

"I'm sorry, Thracia!" I apologized down the stairs, only to be giggled at by her. Biddy's brothers raised their eyebrows at me. I waved (awkwardly flailed my arm at them), biting my lip. They shrugged simultaneously and hid back in their bedrooms.

I exhaled loudly and started to pace back and forth the hallway. I was nervous, because I almost saw him, you know, fully naked. I blushed at the thought and nibbled on the eraser of my pencil. Why did he change in front of me? I shouldn't have been in there or he shouldn't have been in there. I was rubbing the back of my neck now. I'm so confused.

I was still pacing back and forth the hallway when I bumped into Biddy, fully dressed. I squeaked, dropping my white binder and pencil. He gasped dropping his white binder and pencil. Oh my God, what is going on? I picked up my stuff and helped Biddy with his. We both snapped back up and stared each other in the eyes. Awesome, another awkward moment... Biddy was tilting his head again, but was shooting me a poker face. I blinked away, breaking the stare. I opened my mouth to say something. Was I about to stop the silent treatment?

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Hi! This is my first story on Wattpad! I hope you like it! Even more, love it!

Please vote, comment, and follow!

I'm working on the second chapter, so it should be up soon.