twenty three : posing for the pictures

You know, it's nice waking up one morning with the person you really really like. Especially when you're embracing them while they're still sleeping, so you take the chance to study their facial features. I mean, that's what I was doing.

It was the day of Christmas. Salem laid on my lap, while I sat against the bed's headboard. The morning sun was slipping through the blinds of my window, shining softly on the angel before me.

I was softly stroking his hair to the beat of his breaths when he suddenly broke into a small yawn. I smiled at his awakening as he adjusted himself off me. He sat up, rubbing his eyes of sleepiness with the sleeves of the sweater I gave him last night. I hoped he liked it...

He stretched, sporting yet another yawn before opening his eyes up to me. He snorted, satisfied with the sight and leaned over to give me a peck on the lips. Then put his head on my shoulder so I hugged him, smiling for miles. This was something I would love having every morning.

After a minute, Salem escaped my embrace and jumped off my bed. He stretched once more before shuffling like a penguin in his socks out of the room, probably going to the bathroom. I snorted at his silliness and hopped off my bed after, heading to my desk.

We're about almost done with our project. All we really needed were pictures. I took out my fancy Canon camera from it's case and turned it on.

"Biddy, Salem! Mom said breakfast is ready!" my brother, Finn, called as he walked by my room. I got off my desk, slipping on the strap of the camera over my head, resting it on one shoulder while the camera swung to my other side. Before leaving the room, I gently grabbed our baby from a wooden crib that sat in the corner (my mom replaced the laundry basket of a crib with an actual cute little crib that was in attic from when Finn was a baby-she said that our baby didn't deserve to be laying in laundry basket).

I tucked the toy baby in my arms and held it like I would a real baby and headed out. I met Salem in the hallway, as he barged out of the bathroom, bumping into me. I gasped as the baby gave through my arms, falling under. Luckily Salem flung his arms just in time to catch him. We're such bad parents!

And yes, we both decided on having our child as a boy. His name was Peryton (Pery for short). It's the name of the mythological hybrid animal of a stag and a bird. Like Biddy Stag and Salem Shorebird. I'm pretty proud of it and I think Salem partakes pride in it too.

Salem pouted apologetically, pampering Peryton like it was his precious (that The Lord of the Rings reference though). I followed him downstairs into the kitchen, right when my mom just finished setting the table.

The table was filled with beautiful food (eggs, bacon, pancakes, and everything else); my mouth was watering. Once everyone was seated, we said our blessings and dug in.

Everyone was eating peacefully. My mother was talking to my father. Finn was playing with his food. Carr was... also playing with his food while also watching TV.

Salem was eating, holding Peryton in his arms. He really looked like a parent so I decided to take some snaps, a couple of candid pictures. He smiled silly when he realized he was being photographed and tried covering the camera.

We were both giggling when my father suddenly stopped us by asking with a stern voice "What's going on?"

Salem and I froze and eyed each other. Now everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at us. My heart was pounding. I looked at mom who suspiciously had a smug on her face...

"What?" his tone lightened. My dad took a sip of coffee from his mug and set it down gently, "You know, your Mom and I were like that when we had Carr." The room lit up again & everything went as it was.

Dad, stop! I was about to spit out my orange juice. My mom, Salem, and I were blushing. My mom slapped my dad's shoulder while she tried to keep her laugh in.

"No honestly," he waved us off, "what is this for? A school project? A social experiment? What?"

Salem and I both simultaneously answered with "both" and then we were suddenly staring at each other with small smiles and silence.

"Oh okay..." my dad closed our conversation with a confused tone and a raised brow. He leaned back on his chair, sipping on his coffee.

As soon as I turned my attention back to Salem, I heard my dad whisper to my mon "I swear I've never seen them talk to each other once in this house..."

Salem and I shared smirks at that remark. Then I started snapping pictures of my baby and my baby. I eventually gave the camera to Salem so he can take pictures of me. He was a really good photographer too!

My dad and my brothers already left breakfast but my mom stayed to clean up. Salem and I were still sitting there, taking funny photos when my mom offered to take a photo of the both of together with Peryton. She showed it to us, and I immediately smiled so much, that I had to hide it behind my hand. Salem was giggling. The picture was perfect. I don't mean to be cheesy or sappy but we both looked like a real couple and it was everything I saw in us and everything I wanted us to be.

"Oh I love it!" Salem squeaked, wrapping his one free arm (the arm that wasn't holding the baby) around my mom and then me. His head was right on my shoulder so I was able to to kiss it.

I felt my mom smile behind us and I blushed. I was pretty sure Salem was too.

"Well, that settles it for this morning!"

I got up from the table, taking the camera with me.

"Mom, I'm gonna quickly go downtown to Phil's and get these photos printed. I want copies for the project," I said proudly. My mom gave me permission and I thanked her. I looked at Salem to see if he wanted to come, but he gave me "no thanks, I'll stay with the baby" look (because we had soulmate signal mind messaging ;) haha). I bent over and gave him a kiss on the cheek and a kiss on Pertyon's head (even if it was doll and didn't have any feelings, it was better than nothing).

My mom stop washing the dishes to bid me farewell. She gave me the typical motherly "stay safe" salutation before I went to the garage to grab my bike.

While opening the garage door, I slung the camera around my shoulders and headed for my bike. It was a really nice day actually; it was nice weather.

I got on my bike and started pedaling out the garage and onto the street. I smiled once the wind swept through my hair and sun hit my face.

I could actually say that I was the most happiest I've ever been in my life at that moment.

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

But whatever goes up must come down...

Sorry for the wait!! School started and it's my junior year so that means more work for me! But I think I actually have a schedule down...

Anyway, I've been writing the next chapters for this book and it's been really hard for me because it's really sad and I can never really write it right without it sounding stupid.

I want to make you cry and die.

but I still love you. So vote & comment!

OKAY THANKS BYE!