As for how Duke Heng would be around that dangerous place, the author did not explain.

┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌

He only showed himself when she finished killing them, giving her an appreciative clap. He admired her ruthless gaze, and her kills were quick and clean, straight to their fatal point. His trained eyes noted that those skills were similar to those with plenty of experience in killing.

Duke Heng got curious and since then, he often approached her, trying to know how a concubine daughter of a merchant could have learned those dangerous skills when information told him she was always inside her house with no teacher to teach her in the subject of hunting. The more often they interacted, the more he had fallen in love with her. In the end, he was not as outstanding or courageous as the male lead, and he failed to capture the heroine's heart.

But even so, he decided to support and backs the Second Prince to secure the throne just for Liu Chu Chu to be happy with a better life.

"He said he happens to pass by the hunting ground and saved the injured Miss Liu."

Happens to pass by? That was the exact excuse he gave in the novel and the heroine does not believe him!

Tian Zi clearly does not believe that excuse either but she expression revealed concern for Duke Heng. That concern was more about his safety instead of apprehension about whatever hidden motive was behind Duke Heng's actions.

Could it be...Tian Zi admired Duke Heng? Or it was love at first sight?

As the second male lead, it was given that he possessed good looks, but he was more of scholar type instead of the heroic type, which solely belongs to the hero. It was his golden halo after all.

Xiao Hua feels a brief pity for the Third Prince, for even with such heaven-defying beautiful face, he could not even get one of the supporting male lead positions. He could only be a tragic cannon fodder that lasted the second longest among his colleagues.

His beauty was tragic for there were no females that want a husband more beautiful than them. There were some that want to have one night stand with him, but the author did not reveal if he had accepted those offers or not.

Even his crush towards the heroine was tragic as it was always his one-sided feelings that made him weak and submissive to the hero and heroine's suppression. Finally, his life ended tragically because the hero wanted to eliminate all obstacles between the hero and the throne.

The Third Prince was severely injured, taking all the blows just to keep Long Lian safe, even if it was only for a second longer. The hero had imprisoned the Third Prince and Long Lian in a dungeon, and they were treated badly by the guards that were loyal to the Second Prince. It was the heroine that decided to lend a hand to deal the final blow to the severely injured Third Prince to end his pain.

The author wrote in a way to justify that the golden couple's actions were rather merciful by ending the Third Prince's life with poison, but then the author did not expect the readers would scold the author for being cruel and heartless! The author had mentioned about writing an extra chapter to justify the Third Prince and Long Lian's death clearly after the strong backlash, but Le XiaoTing had died before knowing if the author would write it or not.

"Da An, why would the trip extended?" Tian Zi feels that something was odd. "Why did the trip not cut short in the name of safety? Normally, would the Second Prince not immediately return back to his manor to tend to his consort's injuries instead of continuing in staying at that dangerous place?"

Xiao Hua: Sister Tian Zi, you are good! To scold the Second Prince for being an idiot and justify your assumption in just one sentence! (b ᵔ▽ᵔ)b