Kabanata 8

Kabanata 8

After a whole humdrum day, I went straight to the gate where Gabrielle told me to see him to. To what I said to Annika, I was serious to that. If she really was attracted to Gabrielle, then she was free to make a move towards him— just be sure that she won't do something bad against me again.

And also, Ronan hadn't popped out on my sight this day— that was totally eerie but it was good that I had finished this day without him irking me around. Ronan was good but this past few weeks, I noticed myself that I was being mean to him. I know it wasn't the right thing to do towards other person but I just want him to give up. I am not yet ready for the relationship he wanted from me.

Whilst I was walking, I couldn't help but to admire the beautiful structures of buildings of this University. The administration of the current University President was kind of good compared to the whilom president. I was in 2nd year when the quondam president stepped down and gave the responsibility to the current President. And because of the changes, some of the guards— who actually acts as if they were the owner of the University had given them a furlough. And of that, guards who were really fit for the work had been given a chance to work in the University.

Tana riveted my whole attention when I saw her walking toward the student council office. Tana was the Vice President of the student council and I was sure that she can handle that responsibility. I've heard some gossips from some quidnuncs that the last student council has a knowledge about the missing money of that student association and somehow because of that issue, some... or most of the students were not really giving their trust to the current student council. I couldn't blame them, though.

Ibinalik ko nalang ang tingin ko sa aking dinadaanan. Lia was still in the classroom, maybe waiting for the text of her parents. I wanted to accompany her but I don't know if Gabrielle was already in the place where he told me to. I have no cellphone so I have to deal with uncertainty. If he wasn't still there, then I will just wait until he comes.

"Oh, Hera!" Napatingin ako sa aking likod.

When I saw Albert— the SC President, I smiled. I thought it was just some unknown students of the College of Criminology.

Ngumiti ako, "Albert..."

"Nakita mo si Tana?" He asked.

"Ah, Oo, she's already in the SC Office," I retorted.

Ngumiti siya at kinamut ang ulo, "Okay. Akala ko umuwi na. Sige, mauna na ako kung gano'n. Salamat,"

Tumango lang ako at no'ng binalik ko na ang aking paningin sa harap ay nakita ko na si Gabrielle na nakakunot ang noo habang nakatingin sa taong naglakad na palayo sa akin. My eyes darted to the woman who was beside him, Annika. I shook my head because of the heat of irritation that was slowly permeating on my body. You're okay with this, right? I asked to myself.

As act of normalcy, I lunged to their part. I made sure that there was no glint of irritation that coruscating through my eyes. Not until I got home. I tried to tuck the sides of my lips upward, giving them an intriguing smile that I think made Gabrielle more confused. I looked at Annika and she was smiling whilst looking at me. I could decipher that the smile trying to say: Thank you! Oh.

"Did you talk?" I asked Gabrielle this time.

"I don't want to talk to her," he said blatantly, "Let's go?"

I shook my head, "No. If you were still talking, continue. Magco-commute nalang ako—"

"I said I don't want to talk to her. Besides, I am here because I am fetching you. So, come on, woman, let's go." He said seriously that made my bristle stand.