Kabanata 6

Kabanata 6

"Magkano ang kuha mo dito, Gabrielle?" Tanong ni Tatay matapos umuwi si Gabrielle na nakamotor.

The motor he bought was a big bike. I wasn't interested with such men's things, but I was imbued by the good structure of the big bike. It was painted with black, despite the sludges that covered some part of its wheels, it was still amazing. It made me wonder if this was what Ambo was talking about. If it was this, then I don't think it costs fifteen thousands only. It seemed so expensive even it was a second hand big bike.

Gabrielle was looking at me, as if weighing my reaction. I don't know what to react, though. But looking onto his eyes, I could see the felicity within it. He watched me closely and when I let the smile draw on my face, he sighed and smiled too. He looked at my Father.

"Fifteen thousand po," he answered courtly.

"Fifteen thousand? Ang baba ng presyo kumpara sa orihinal nitong presyo!" Ani Tatay na sobrang mangha sa nakikitang motor.

"Oo nga po, e." He smiled, "So, I grabbed that opportunity. Though, I just gave a down payment and he's okay with monthly payment."

Ngumiti si Tatay na parang nahihiya.

"Nako, si Gabrielle, dapat matututo ka ng magtagalog para mas nagkakaintindihan na tayo! Hindi ko masyadong naiintindihan ang sinasabi mo!" Natatawang sinabi ni Tatay.

"I am trying po," Gabrielle said and looked at me, "Hera, can you accompany me to try this motor? I have seen a place and I want you to see it,"

Tumingin sa akin si Tatay at ngumiti. Tumango nalang ako at naglakad palapit sa motor niya. He smirked when he saw me obliged him without spouting words. I straddled on his motor and clutched on his ironclad shoulder for support. Once I finally put myself behind him, he revved the motor and it roared to life.

"Kumapit ka sa akin," ani Gabrielle.

"Wow, you're speaking now in tagalog, huh? Where are you learning?" Tanong ko ng hinawakan ang kanyang baywang.

I looked at my Father and he just waved his hand once the motor moved. When I lost my Father on my sight, I looked at the road where we were passing through.

"I'm practicing it everyday by talking to your parents and some fishermen. I thought it would be hard but it went all to be a cinch." He said cockily.

Umirap ako pero hindi ko mapigilang hindi mangiti sa kanyang kayabangan. I pinched his waist and he just aww-ed, but still chortling.

"Clutch on my body tightly. You'll fall if you won't." Aniya habang binibilisan ang takbo

"Ano? H'wag mo ngang bilisan ang takbo! Baka makabangga tayo!"

He just laughed, he looked so amused on what was happening. Kinagat ko ang aking labi habang sinunod nalang ang gusto niya. I wrapped my arms around his waist— despite the feeling of rippling of muscles on his abdomen, I compelled myself to do so. He's like a brother to you, right? I reminded myself.

When we overpassed the plaza, I glimpsed at the people who were now looking at us. Some of the girls were gaping while looking at the Adonis who was driving this bulky motor— wearing a white round-neck shirt and a short. Who would resist his charisma? He has an overflowing sex-appeal! At the side of the stall of barbecue vendor, I saw Annika who did not let the opportunity to look at my companion.

"You want to buy snacks first before we'll go to my place?" He said while driving slowly.

"Matatagalan ba tayo doon?" I asked.