Galra battleships were surrounding the castle and fighters were zooming all over the place.

"Paladins, the Castle of lions cannot handle damage if attacked by all those Galra battleships," Allura said over the intercoms.

Pidge took off her glasses and shoved her helmet on.

"Everyone spread out and protect the castle," Shiro ordered.

"Our sensors detect around 5 battleships and 30 fighters surrounding each one," Coran said.

"For the love of quiznak," Keith muttered.

"KEITH!" Hunk scolded.

"Guys! No time right now. Lance, Pidge, protect the castle and try to make those ion cannons aim away from the Castle's particle barrier. Keith, Hunk, help me take out these battleships, two each," Shiro ordered.

Lance and Pidge flew side by side towards the Castle, blasting around at the fighters and trying to damage ion cannons from a distance.

"They always get the easy job," Hunk muffled into his armor.

"We heard that," Lance and Pidge said at the same time, growling.

"There is no easy job. This is space," Keith said as his lion spun around and clawed at the engines of one of the battleships.

"Keith's right Hunk. It's our job to protect the universe. Overall it's never an easy job," Shiro said over the coms.

Pidge toned them out, focusing on aiming at cannons and taking down annoying fighters that buzzed around her lion like flies.

Pidge could hear her lion internally growling in the back of her head.

"I know girl. But just a little longer," Pidge said softly.

"You guys. We might have to form Voltron," Shiro said.

"Will we even have time?" Hunk asked, barely dodging a cannon shot.

"There's no way we can buy time with all these fighters and ships around," Keith said.

Pidge was listening to their conversation and trying to come up with a solution in her head to fix it.

She saw an ion cannon aiming at the Castle so she raced over and tackled it.

Her lion happily ripped it apart from the ship by twisting it off the top with a satisfying crank.

What she didn't see was the last ion cannon aiming straight at her lion now ripping apart the defenseless battleship.

No one else saw it either since the ion cannon looked so badly damaged yet it was still operational.

Coran and Allura were busy with Castle defenses, didn't see it.

Shiro was busy with another ship, didn't see it.

Keith was busy with fighters, didn't see it.

Hunk was coming up with plans on how to form Voltron, didn't see it.

Only Lance was just lucky enough to turn back and check to see if his teammates were ok.

However he didn't turn in time because the ion cannon was already locked on and firing.

"PIDGE!!! WATCH OUT!!" Lance screeched, trying to boost his lion faster towards her.

But even if he would push her out of the way or at least take the hit for her, he couldn't for he was too far.

He couldn't block it or stop it or hit it or anything.

The others turned and looked at the dramatic scene about to unfold.

Pidge looked up in confusion just in time to see a bright purple light headed straight for her.

Pidge gasped as piercing pain seated through her body.

The hot and unbearable feeling passed right through her lion and her armor to settle underneath her skin where it burnt her deep.

It felt like needles and knives were stabbing her muscles and organs at the same time.

Her head felt like it was exploding and she couldn't hear her own scream over the throbbing in her ears.

However she did hear Lance call out her name at the top of his lungs.

"Lance," she managed to force through her aching throat.

"I'M COMING PIDGE HOLD ON HoLd On hoLd on hold...on...," Lance's voice faltered out.

And everything else went from blinding bright to black in a split second.

Word count: 1099
Hey hey hey XD I'm new to the fandom but I quickly realized one thing. WATER YOUR PLANCE🌱