ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

-✨-

NEW YORK
- 7 months into her pregnancy

"So you're going back to work, huh?" Tonya asked Sami, holding her second child in her arms while feeding her.

Sami hummed a response to her friend's question as she waddled her body over to the room that was connected to her bedroom. Tonya followed Sami as they headed into the renovated new home office now was officially completed.

By now, Sami and Tyla had left Tonya and Mike's home and moved into aunt's home which was actually her's since her aunt had left it to her.

Sami headed over to her desk and set the folder down before pulling out the chair to sit down herself. "Oh my," she exhaled lifting her legs up to rest them on the platform that was in front of her. Tonya shook her head and placed her daughter in her carry allowing the child to take a nap.

"But why?" Tonya asked. "Why are you going back? Isn't that why the both of you, your aunt Carol and yourself put Natalie in charge."

Sami nodded her head. "Yes, but I'm tired of doing nothing. Just because my doctors placed me on homebound doesn't me I'm not supposed to do anything. Plus what I'm doing is not so stressful. Natalie is still in charge, all I'm doing is looking over the books."

Again Tonya shook her head. "Seriously, you're still hard-headed, I don't understand how Hoseok put up with you..."

Tonya then covered her mouth realizing what she just said. Sami leaned back placing her hands on top of her stomach, frowning at her friend. "I'm so sorry, Sami," she apologized for saying.

Sami shut her eyes while inhaling then exhaling right afterward. She ran her fingers through her hair then opens her eyes and smiled at her friend in an all too calm manner. "It's alright," she stated.

"Really I'm sorry," Tonya apologized again. "I didn't mean it that way."

Sami leaned forward in chair readjusting her body to be a lot more comfortable. "It's alright, I know what you meant. It's not like I've banned his name from ever being said again. I'm carrying his child inside of me for goodness sake. So of course, a part of me is going to think about him.

"Well, have you talked to him?"

Sami ran her tongue over her bottom lip before biting down on them. "No, I haven't. Once the doctors got my medical records from the doctor back in Seoul, it was noted in my records that I needed to stay stress-free. He kept calling me but I just couldn't speak with him."

"So he doesn't know that you're carrying his child?"

Sami shook her head. "His mom's knows that I am and I told her not to tell him."

Tonya folded her arms over her chest. "Why, Sami? Shouldn't he know that you're pregnant?"

(A/N: I had this type of friend who felt like everyone should know my business. Let's just say we're not friends anymore.)

"Tonya, for once don't do anything stupid and call him. I know about the last time and honestly, I wasn't happy that I couldn't tell him myself. Right now I don't need him stressing me out and me going into labor," Sami begged.

Tonya stared at her friend. She saw the look of worriment on Sami face and knew for once in her life that she shouldn't butt in and do the unthinkable. She then glanced down at her sleeping baby girl before looking back up at her friend. "Fine, I won't say anything but this is not good for you or for him."

Sami moved her mouth to the side and rubbed small circles on her belly. She knew that her friend was right but right now she wasn't ready to face Hoseok. Sami was about to say something but the phone ring stopping her.

"Hold on a sec," she said. She picked up the phone and placed it to her ear. "This is Sami....yes...are you serious? Is it because he's in another country? That's fine...just fine take your time..thank you bye."

Sami hung up the phone and looked up to her friend who was looking at her with a confused look. "If I ask, what was that about are you going to tell me?"

Sami nodded her head. "That was about Hoseok right?"

Sami nodded her head again. "What are you doing?"

Sami pushed back her chair away from her desk and got up heading over to the window looking down to where her daughter was swinging back and front on the swings.

The young woman would push herself when the swing would start to slow down from no longer having any momentum to keep going. She remembers telling her daughter that they were staying in the states and no going back to Seoul.

Tyla cried and even yelled back at Sami. Who could blame her, she had spent so much time away from her father to leave him once again. She even stayed in her room for days until she couldn't bear being in the room any longer.

Tyla finally came out and they both talked as Sami explained everything that happened. Tyla listened to all that Sami had said, she was upset of course but she understands where her mother was coming from and to top it all off, she was pregnant.

Sami had promised the young woman that she could keep in touch with her grandparents.

Tyla had asked why she couldn't call her father and Sami explained that right now, she wasn't ready to face him.

Even so, Tyla would contemplant on calling her father but she felt that it would be best stay out of grown folks business.....for now.

"Sami, are you going to tell me what the phone call was about?" Tonya question Sami, bringing her out from her flashback.

Sami turned around and pursed her lips together. Once more she placed her hands on her growing belly, "That was my attorney. They are getting in touch with an international attorney there in South Korea to help me out."

"Help you out with what?"

"Tonya, I'm filing for divorce from Hoseok."

-✨-

-yep another upsetting chapter

- this chapter was supposed to post yesterday but my internet provider thought it would be nice to make changes.