ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

| ɪᴛ's ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ |

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀ ❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

"I'm dying, Samantha." Aunt Carol confessed, staring into the eyes of her niece.

The words kept beating at Sami like a ton of bricks. The more she said it in her head, the harder it was for her to accept that her aunt was dying.

Her aunt who the same person who yelled at her for staying out too late during school days was dying. The woman who took her in when her parents died was dying.

She couldn't believe it and probably will never believe it. Sami stared down at her almost empty lukewarm cup of tea. By now it the substance was already cold and the steam was no longer there. At a time like this, something warm would be nice but right she picked it and brought it to her lips.

She took a sip and right after couldn't drink any more of it.

"Sami, are you alright?" She was asked by her aunt. Sami felt a warm hand touch her hand and the warmth brought her out of her trance to stare into the eyes of the woman in front of her. She glanced up and by now tears were filling up in her eyes.

She trembled as she shook her head. "No, I'm not," she answered to her aunt. Her aunt pulled away from her and placed her hands together on the table and placed her head down.

"I know that this is a lot to take in but Sami, I know that you will do just fine without me. You're stronger than you think you are. You were able to be strong when your parents died, you were able to stand up against me when I found out that you were pregnant, and now you're getting married. I believe that you can be strong in this situation. Look at this, you won't have me to nag you anymore," Aunt Carol chuckled towards.

"But still, you're still my niece and I want what's best for you. You have a beautiful child that will need you and soon-to-be-husband that is ready to do anything for you and your child. Please think about that right now more than ever."

Even with those encouraging words, Sami felt hurt. She honestly wasn't ready to hit with another blow, especially after the announcement a couple of days ago. She placed her head down for a moment before looking up at her aunt. "Even though we didn't see eye to eye with most things that I did, I still cared about you. But to know that you're dying, the best thing right now is to make the most of it. Since you're here, let's treasure every moment. I want you to leave with happy memories." Sami leaned over and touched her aunt's hand before slowly wrapping her another around it. She squeezed it while placing a smile on her face.

Her aunt also squeezed her niece's hand and as well-formed a smile on her face. "I would like that," she said.

They talked a little bit more before it was time to leave the cafe and head back to the apartment. On the way, Tyla fell asleep and Sami had to carry her back. Sami and her aunt talked a little bit more before they finally made it up to the apartment. Sami carried Tyla to her bedroom, slipping the child out of her clothes and into her pajamas.

Sami placed the child on her bed and walked back out into the living room seeing her aunt sitting on the couch. She sat down next to her and placed her hands on her lap. Both women sat in silence for a moment, before Aunt Carol spoke. "When are you supposed to go and see his parents?"

Sami glanced up and turned to her aunt, "tomorrow," she answered.

Aunt Carol nodded her head. "I want to go with you."

"Are you serious?" She asked. She was a little shock that her aunt wanted to see Hoseok's family.

"Why would I not want to see them? Are you afraid I would say something out of sort?" Aunt Carol asked raising an eyebrow.

"No it's not that, I'm shocked, that's all," She explained.

Aunt Carol slapped her hands on the couch and got up to leave the room. "Well, I'm going to bed. You do have a guest room for me to sleep in right?"

Sami shook her head as she got up from the couch and escorted her aunt to the room. Even if she dies, her attitude will never change.

Hours after house searching,  Sami and her aunt returned back to the condo in which Sami showed her aunt the guest room and as she went to turn to leave the room.

She could her phone ringing from the living room. She rushed over to answer it before it stopped.

"Hello," she answered.

"Hey, how are you?" The familiar voice asked on the phone.

Sami let out a deep sigh before smiling on the phone. "I'm okay, Hoseok."

A small pulse happened on the phone before Hoseok said something. "You don't see okay, what's wrong?"

Sami rubbed her left palm on her pants as she let out the biggest breath of her body. "My aunt's dying, Hoseok."

~~~~~~~

💙💜💙💜💙

💙💜💙💜💙