Chapter 5 - Part I - The snobby King's Tale

- Song of The Page -WAR MACHINE: AC/DC

WAR MACHINE: AC/DC

The massive structure of the castle stood in the midst of the white and grey landscape

The massive structure of the castle stood in the midst of the white and grey landscape. The tall spires reached for the sky and the strong walls kept the strong winds and the enemies out.

The cold flakes danced through the chilly air making their way to the ground. The grey clouds seemed somber yet the echoing laughter of the young ones seemed to fill the place with life and exuberance. The snow had gathered on the ground making layers over layers that cushioned the steps of the children whom King Vance held dear to his heart.

This particular memory was vivid in his mind because after quite a lot of time he had found himself really watching his children having fun with each other. Playing in snow and making snowmen and challenging each other. Him being busy with the state matters always kept him away from his children but he never missed the chance to show them that he loved them.

For him his children were the reason which made the smile grow on his face. But just as every happy moment ends at a certain point, this one did too, by the disappearance of one child.

How many times had he relived this memory? He didn't remember but he knew far well what happened next.

The darkness slowly started creeping from the edges towards his happy children, none of them noticing as they started running away chasing each other. Their farther running made King Vance's heart squeeze in his chest and he tried to go after them.

"Derrick!" He shouted, but they could not hear him.

"Rogan!" The raven haired boy didn't hear either.

"Viona! No! Where-" He huffed. He felt his legs growing weak, it was impossible to move his muscles as if they were frozen, "-are you?"

He tried to move his legs but they won't budge.

Another child vanished. He screamed in pure desperation, calling out for his precious children, "Norman! Erin! No! Gregory, don't go!"