Chapter 3- Part II -The Slithrot Warrior

I heard a few voices coming from beyond the door and every time I heard Garry greeting his customer with, 'My Lord'.

There was some deep conversation going on and I could not let my nose out of it. Maybe the person didn't even know that caveman had a hostage here? He might actually help me.

I slowly, very slowly opened the door and with steady footsteps, I reached the back door of the shop. My heart did somersault in my ribcage but I had managed to calm it for a moment with steady deep breathes. There was a window attached beside the door but it was dusty and I couldn't see anything but I managed to hear them.

"... course, My Lord!" I heard Garry say.

"I would need that in three days as there are certain matters that need my attention and I shall not be late." A deep voice said with authority. And I felt the need to look at the man.

The window was full but if I could- well, I would though- just wipe the dust off then I might see him.

"As you say, My Lord!"

With not much difficulties, I managed to wipe a small portion of the dusty window but at that moment I didn't notice when I stepped to the side making a log fall down.

"Whose there?" The man shouted and I managed to glue myself to the wall beside the window, stood as if I was doused in icy cold water.

"Err... Cat, my Lord, cat. A very, very noisy one."

A chuckle came out not long after and I resisted myself to do meow. I wasn't sure if vampire cats did meow or something else. Did their cats bark or howl?

"Well, I didn't know, you were fond of animals." The voice said giggling and I peeked inside.

"Ahahaha, I do, my Lord, I do." That didn't sound convincing enough.

I rolled my eyes however, my gaze fell on the tall man- a very handsome man- who stood before Garry and he had worn doublet and trousers that screamed his wealth. I didn't like ancient clothes but these had to be darn expensive. His golden hair shone as if made from the pure gold. However, his eyes which were blood red managed to freeze me in my place. Not to avoid his canines.

The canines stayed like it belonged there and it didn't felt like he had wore false ones for halloween. Well, I had so many canines- fake canines for halloween and for regular purpose... I do wear them often and B would just make fun of me.

He looked around and sniffing the air he said, "I smell a human." He shot his gaze at Garry who stiffened in his place. "Is there anyone?" He asked, I felt my knees trembling as his gaze traveled throughout the place.

Garry gulped and gave a nervous chuckle, "I...I had just finished my supper, My Lord."

He nooded, "Very well, I shall take my leave now. I'll come by in three days." He turned around and casting one last glance at the shop then he went away.

The sound of the horse's hooves faded away and then Garry came bursting open the door while found me standing still as a marble statue in the same place.

"What are you doing? I told you not to come out. We can get your scent!" He hissed however, I didn't have the courage to even move my head, let alone my body. My brain felt like it was already a mush in my head. I hadn't believed a thing he said about vampires but now, I had seen the proof, they indeed were real.

"You weren't bluffing," I mumbled.

"What? No! I am sure I said pretty much clearly that the customer- Sir Perseus doesn't like to be around humans, if he is then it would be entirely for blood."