Epilogue-2: Wedding Day

As I stare at my reflection through the mirror resting on top of the mahogany vanity, I can't help but think to myself: I'm not ready.  All of this, this white dress, my hair pinned back into a low bun, my face all made up—how can I be sure that I'm ready to marry the man who proposed to me?  How can I be sure of any of this?  That this will last long.  That I'll forever keep the last name Smith and not have to change it?  How can he be sure of me?

That last thought startles me.  What if he isn't actually sure of me and he's just under the impression that I'm the one when really his true love is still out there?  Is there even such a thing as true love?  If there is, how can I be so sure of it?  What does love actually even mean?  How am I sure that Adam isn't gonna go running back to Vianna?  Well, he probably wouldn't since she's a crazy bitch.  But still, I'm worried that he'll find someone who's way better than me in every way possible, and will run off with her.

Ugh!  Why am I thinking about all this?  It's my wedding day and I should be happy and excited. Not worrying about scenarios that may or may not happen. I love Adam and he loves me. So what's the problem? A knock on the door causes me to jump a little in my seat. Am I really that nervous?

"Come in." I pipe up, voice cracking an octave. The door opens and my sister Natalie saunters in, holding an arrangement of flowers that consisted of peach roses, pastel yellow carnations, and white Lilies.

"Here's your bouquet." She smiles, handing it over to me. I look up at her and attempt a grin.

"Thanks."

"Everyone's all ready to go. Are you ready?" She asks, looking at me with her hazel eyes.

I glance back at my reflection and shrug. Am I ready? "I'm not sure."

Natalie knits her brows together as she sits in the chair next to me. "What do you mean? Is everything all right?"

I blow out a sigh as I raise my brows up and shake my head. "I dunno. How am I supposed to know if he's the one?"

She takes a moment to think about this. "I guess you don't. You're just gonna have to go into this blind."

"But that's the thing I fear, not being able to see clearly."

"Life is unpredictable, you never really know if the decisions you make are the right ones until the end."

I think about what she said. She does have a point. I mean, how am I supposed to know the answer to my questions unless I marry him?

"Do you love him?" She asks, cutting in to my train of thought.

I smile, I can't help but think about how sweet he's been to me lately. How he makes lunch reservations so we could eat together everyday at work, how on Saturdays, he will take me to Central Park and take long walks. And I can't forget how he bought me a rose for each day counting down to our wedding. I stare at the vase on the table that holds 364 roses in it, though they're fake for sakes of preservation. Love doesn't even describe how I feel about him.

"Yes." I whisper, not being able to control my smile now.

"Then you should have nothing to worry about. Your stress is all part of the wedding jitters, okay?" She ensures, rubbing my shoulders.

"Okay." I agree, dapping the corners of my eyes with a tissue.

"Let's go then! We have a wedding to get to!" She excites, standing as she helps me up as well.

"Alright, alright. Sheesh." I giggle, affected by her eagerness.

Before we leave, I take one last glance of my hotel suite where Adam I spent time last night, how we did nothing but watch cooking shows and eat popcorn. Thinking about him alone just sends a rush of happiness through me and it feels amazing.