31: Mama Bear

I picked up my place a little before Ian arrives.  I made sure I had no underwear laying around on the floor and I made sure that Carly's clothes weren't on the floor as well.  The only problem for my room was that I still had a bunch of unopened bags of new clothes that Adam had bought me which I don't have any closet space for.  But as I thought of that, an idea popped in my head.  Ian just won't go in my room. 

I debated if I should stay in the dress that I wore to the brunch or wear something more casual.  I decided that I probably should go casual since Carly is dressed like that and I doubt Ian is going to look all dressed up.  So I enter my closet and grab a pair of faded jeans and put on a wine red sweater, accessorizing with gold jewelry.  I decided that my hair and makeup was fine so I didn't need to change any of that. 

When I was done in my room, I walked out, closing the door behind me.  I walked into the kitchen to see how Carly is doing and to be honest, things are starting to smell good. 

"How's it going?"  I ask her, watching her mix something up in a glass bowl. 

She glances up at me and gives me a small grin.  "It's going great." 

"I can tell.  It smells good in here."  I say, loving the aroma of different spices in the air.  I glance over at the stove and notice steaks were sizzling on a skillet.  Hearing the sound of the sizzle, made my stomach growl. 

"Are you sure you don't want any help?"  I offer. 

Carly scoffs, "Please, I've got it honey.  You need to just make sure Ian is comfortable and entertained." 

And just as if her words were magic, the doorbell rang, startling the both of us. 

"He's here!"  I whisper. 

"Well don't just stand there.  Open the door!"  Carly hisses. 

I nod my head, "right." 

I leave the kitchen and head over to the door and opened it.  And there he was.  Standing nice and tall.  I looked over at what he was wearing and mentally smiled.  Just as I predicted, he dressed casual.  He was wearing dark wash jeans with a red polo and Sperrys.  I looked up at his eyes and he was grinning at me. 

"Well aren't you going to let me in?"  He smirks. 

Feeling stupid, I widened the door so he could walk in.  "Sorry."  I breathe. 

Ian takes a look around my apartment and eventually turned back around to face me. 

He gives me a heart stopping smile as his eyes trailed from my feet to my head.  "You look amazing.  I love that color on you."  He says.

"Thank you.  I was going to say just the same for you."  I smile.  

Ian wraps his hand around my waist and pulls me in closer as he bends down to my ear.  "It smells wonderful in here."  He whispers. 

"Thanks.  But it's my friend who's cooking the food."  I whisper back. 

"Well she's doing a great job."  He says. 

Ian pulls his head back just enough to see my face.  He was giving me an infectious smile, which I couldn't help returning. 

"I've been waiting to do this for a long time."  He mumbles, and before my brain processed what he meant, Ian's lips were on mine. 

And holy cow!  His lips were just as soft as Adam's!  He kissed me slow and soft, not wanting to push the boundaries.  But I couldn't help myself.  He is a good kisser.  I parted my lips and deepened the kiss.  Ian walked us over to the couch and sat me on his lap as he wrapped his arms around my waist.