20: More Lies

I got up from the floor and took off my work clothes and decided to take a late shower. I feel like a mess right now.
I scrubbed my hair and washed my self and made sure I shaved once again. After my shower, I got out and put on a tank top and blue plaid flannel pants.

I got snuggled up in my bed and checked my phone. I decided that since I have the business dinner with Robert on Sunday and a brunch with Anthony Wilde on Saturday, that I'll have to cancel on our weekend plans with Ian. I go to my messages to text him, but then thought that I should call him instead. I tap the phone icon next to his name and wait for him to pick up. It rings two times before he answers.

"Hello beautiful." Ian greets me. My heart stutters, this man is always giving me the sweetest compliments. I feel bad that I don't have anything to say to him.

"Hi." I say, frowning at my own lame response.

"So what's on your mind that you've called me at eleven at night for?" He says with a soft tone.

Ian is such a sweet guy and I feel like a horrible person for A) Kissing Adam and B) canceling our plans for this weekend. Whatever they were anyways.

"I can't hang out with you this weekend. Sorry." I say, biting my lip in the dark.

"Awe man, that's a bummer. I was really excited to see your pretty face again." He responds back, actually sounding bummed out. I don't know what I did to deserve a guy like Ian. Because no guy has ever said half the sweetest things he's said to me.

"Sorry. It's all work related though. I have a Saturday morning brunch to attend to and then a dinner on Sunday night." I explain.

There was a long pause on the other end of the line. It wasn't like one of those pauses where you think the person hung up on you, it's one of those where you know the other person is deep in thought.

"Hmm...Well we can hang out in the hours between." He suggests. "I'm a flexible person."

"I guess that can work." I reply.

"So Saturday afternoon at maybe two-ish?"

"Yeah sure!" I need to dial down my tone, that was a way too perky response.

"Great. I'll pick you up."

"Sounds awesome. Oh and I have other news to tell you." I say before I forget.

"Bad or good?" Ian asks.

"Bad."

"Oh boy."

"I'm going on a business trip to Rio next Friday night and won't be back until Wednesday night. So if you wanted to hang out next weekend, I was just letting you know that I wouldn't be available." I explain.

"What company do you work for?" Ian asks. Oh boy, this is the part where my mission on not letting Ian know I work for his brother comes in. I have to come up with a quick lie.

"Pines Incorporated." I respond, hands getting clammy. I don't know why my first choice was that company to be honest.

"Oh. Because my brother is going to Rio next week too for work. And he won't leave and return until the same dates as you're leaving and returning." Ian says. A bead of sweat dews up along the rim of my hairline. Lying to him right now is already tough and I can barely handle it. I don't like it one bit. He doesn't deserve getting lied to.

"That's interesting. I didn't know that. What company does your brother work for?" I casually ask. What am I doing? I should be coming out with the truth right now.