3: New beginning (EDITED)

I sighed with frustration as I was handling my phone in one hand and trying to unlock my door with the other.

"No mom, it doesn't work like that." I say with irritation in my voice.

"Well why not? You live in the Big Apple for crying out loud. You can have two jobs at once." She protests. I walk in my apartment and close my door as I head to my room.

"That's the point mom. It's the Big Apple, no one has time to handle two jobs at once. Everything here is busy and fast paced." I argue back. She huffs out a sigh, disappointed that she lost the argument.

"Alright fine. Tell me about your new job. What does your boss look like?" She asks. I put my phone on speaker as I took my clothes off and put on my Charlie Brown pajamas.

"Well, he's good looking. He's tall, built, and handsome." I explain.

"And...? C'mon honey, you gotta give me more than that terrible description. What color is his hair? Eyes?" She persists. I laugh at my mother's eagerness.

"Okay fine.  He has really dark hair that contrasts his sharp green eyes.  He's really handsome mom." I answer. That's all I'm telling her. I could go on more about Mr. Smith, but my mom doesn't need to hear all of that.

"Of course!" She gasps. "Maybe he can be the guy to bring me grandchildren." She finishes. I frown at my phone as I begin to brush through my hair and pull it back in a sloppy bun.

"Mom, we've already been over this. I'm only twenty going on to twenty-one. And besides, I wouldn't want to date or marry my boss." I explain to her.

"Why not?"

"Because, don't you think it's a little weird for someone to be dating their boss? Especially having children with them? And besides, that's just not me mom." I respond. There was a long pause on the other end of the line until my mother sighed.

"Alright fine. You bring up a great point. But I want my grandbabies soon!" She excites, and before I could respond back, she hangs up on me.

"I lightly chuckle at myself as I head to the kitchen. I think about how my other interview went with Frita Incorporated. I personally believe that it didn't go well. For one, their boss is old and cranky, which I personally do not like, and two, their boss didn't seem interested in hiring me. So I don't expect a call coming from them any time soon.

I turn on the tv that's perched on top of the fridge and begin making my favorite dinner of all time. Ramen noodles. Especially the chicken flavored ones. I mean, who could go wrong with Ramen?

After my delicious bowl of noodles, I checked my Facebook and see what's going on in other people's lives. I noticed that I had one new friend request and checked it. It was Jamie Franco from Smith Enterprise. I accept it and soon enough, he sent me a message.

Jamie: Hi Elizabeth!

I smile at his happiness and excitement as I quickly type a hello back to him.

Me: Hello

Jamie: Are you ready for your first day tomorrow as Mr. Smith's new secretary?

Me: Yeah, just a little.

Jamie: That's great! I can't wait to see you!

I smile as I open up his profile page to see what he does in his life. His profile picture has a photo of him and some other guy. His bio says where he works, where he went to college and who he is in a relationship with. Apparently he's in a relationship with Mark Evans. So if this doesn't prove he's gay, then I don't know what does. I scroll down to look at his posts and see a bunch of pictures with him and this Mark dude. There's one picture where he's with a girl around his age on a beach. I'm assuming she's a really great friend or his sister.