28: Adam

The hurt look on Elizabeth's face nearly killed me. I wanted to stop her from leaving and explain everything. But I couldn't. I wish there was something I could do to make her feel better.

The door opens and in comes my oh so lovely girlfriend whom I never got the chance to breakup with during the lunch with her and her father. Mr. Capperini kept drilling me with marriage questions and when I'm planning on popping the question to Vianna. I wanted to tell him that I actually planned on doing the opposite but it was Mr. Capperini I was speaking to. If I said one thing to offend his daughter, then he could shut down my business with a snap of his finger.

I glare at Vianna as she walks over to my desk and sits down on the corner of it.

"What was that all about?" I hiss.

Vianna looks at me as if she's an innocent soul. "What was what about?"

"When you called Elizabeth a whorer." I accuse.

Vianna gives me a look. "Oh you're talking about that piece of trash. I'm sure she's a hoe. She looks like one too," she says, checking out her manicured nails, "And besides, what's it to you? Why are you defending her?"

I groan and get up from my chair and walk over to the windows to look over the city.

"Just because she's not as rich as you doesn't mean you have to be a bitch to her." I mutter, sticking my hands in my pockets. I try to spot a red mini coop down on the road where the cars are. Shorty's is past this building so she should pass by soon. Unless I already missed her.

"You know, I should be getting on you for being so close to her. Why were you so snuggled up with her anyways?" Vianna asks, walking over to me.

"Don't worry about it." I mutter.

"No I need to worry about it. You could be cheating on me for all I know." She insists.

I sigh, "Don't worry. Why would I be cheating on you with a girl like her?" As much as I hated those words that came out my mouth, I had to so Vianna would stop accusing me from cheating on her.

"You're right. I have nothing to worry about." She purrs in my ear. She kisses my neck which doesn't have an effect on me like it used to.

I pull away from her and walk back to my desk. "Vianna, not right now. I'm busy." I say.

She sits down in one of my chairs in front of my desk and crosses her leg. "Ugh when are we going to have sex? We haven't had any in two weeks so far." She whines.

I roll my eyes as I type a quick email on my computer. "Look, I know you came here for a specific reason. So tell me what you want right now."

Vianna blows out a sigh as she checks her makeup real quick and applies a little bit of lipstick.

"Well I was here to discuss wedding plans." She simply says.

I almost choked on my own saliva. Wedding plans? It's official, my girlfriend is crazy.

"Vianna, I haven't proposed or even bought a ring." I say, looking at her.

"Yes I know. But daddy said that you will." She casually says.

Right now at this very second, I hate Mr. Capperini. I never told him that I'd propose to his daughter. I said that I may sometime in the future just so he could get off my back.

"But don't you want me to propose properly so you can have the joy of saying yes and then planning the wedding?" I mention, just so I won't start up something that I know will end up badly.