14: Argument

I just stood there, curious as to what Mr. Smith was doing here at the foot of my doorsteps. I took one look at him and he looked beyond pissed. He barged inside my house without me saying he can come in, which ticked me off.

"Nice, you were ready to hit me with a candlestick.  Great weapon of choice."  He mutters under his breath as he passes by me.

"Woah, what the hell do you think you're doing? You can't just march into someone's home without asking them!" I yell, irritated at him. I watch him as he paces back and forth in my living room, obviously frustrated.

"Why didn't you answer my calls or texts?" He asks, ignoring my question.

I just look at him in disbelief and say the first thing that comes to mind. "I was busy."

He rolls his eyes as he takes the liberty of sitting down on my couch uninvited. I sigh as I walk over to him and stand in front of him, arms crossed over my chest.

"Everyone's busy Elizabeth. Hell I'm busy 24/7. But I still have time to respond back to missed calls and texts. So don't give me that whole 'I'm busy' bullshit." He exasperately says. I roll my eyes.

"Well I'm sorry that I don't respond back to your desperate calls, but last time I checked, I don't work for you anymore." I respond in a sarcastic tone. This just angered Mr. Smith even more, and for some odd reason, that sent joy all throughout my body. It's like I have this sudden power now that I don't have to be careful of what I say around him. I can just speak my mind freely and at will.

"But I know damn well that you got my messages and calls, and the fact that you ignored them is so rude and petty. I honestly-"

"Rude? How rich! All you've been to me was rude. You've never said 'thank you' to me, you never appraised all my hard work and effort, you yell at me constantly when I don't do things your way, you accuse me of things that I didn't do, and you barged into my home without asking and just made yourself welcome. So next time you think that I'm being rude, think again." I spat.

To my pleasure, this silenced Mr. Smith, all he carried was a couple of blinks and a blank expression. But his blank look didn't last long as it slowly turned into a scowl which he directed at me.

"So you think between the both of us, I'm the rude one?" He hisses as he gets up and walks closer to me, wearing a glare on his face. I stand my ground and nod my head as I crossed my arms.

"Don't act like that you haven't done some things that aren't rude." He grumbles. I roll my eyes.

"Like what? Please, enlighten me." I scoff.

"Well for one, you never fully complete your work when I ask you to, you came to work late twice, you almost jeopardized my company by coming to work late, you never knock on my door when I constantly ask you to, and you seem to like ignoring my calls." He glowers, ticking the list off his fingers. I roll my eyes, I can't stand him right now.

"Those were all mistakes! I'm fucking HUMAN! But apparently you can't get that through your head. All the things that I've listed were things that you arrogantly did. The things you've listed were mistakes. There's a fine line between rude and mistakes." I hiss, annoyed by him as each second passes by. It took him a moment to respond back to me as I watch him begin to pace back and forth. Why does he keep doing that? It's such an annoying habit.

"You know, I came here to let you know that I was gonna let you get your job back. But now, I don't want you working for me ever again." He says, after a while once he stopped pacing back and forth. I don't know if that was the actual reason of him coming over here. But it could be just something for him to say to get a reaction out of me. Which ever it is, I don't let my emotion show.