69: Adam

I mentally curse Jamie out as I'm going down on the elevator.  How dare he just barge in and ruin a perfect moment that I was having?  I was pretty sure that he knew how to knock on a door.  But no, he just had to interrupt, over what?  A fucking copy machine. 

As the elevator takes it's dear old time, I tap my foot impatiently, barely keeping in my anger.  I'm trying so hard to dispose of the idea of yelling at him as soon I lay eyes on his sorry ass.  The doors ding as I quickly hop off, marching over to the copy room. 

When I enter, I notice practically the whole office floor is in here.  Doing what?  Not their jobs that I'm paying them to do.  Before I blow up on everyone, I count to ten in my head and try to control my temper that's just asking to be unleashed. 

"What are you all doing in here?"  I firmly ask, crossing my arms over my chest. 

Everyone stops what they were doing and turns to look at me. 

"Um...the machine is broken-" some pasty guy named...Jeff...I think begins to say. 

But I cut him off with a flick of my wrist.  "No, I'm aware that it's broken, but why is everyone in here?"

They all give me dumb stares as if they were deer caught in headlights. I swear, sometimes I just wonder about the intellect of my employees.

"To try and fix the machine..." Ms. Heathens replies in a quite voice. 

I sigh as I approach the damn thing, forcing people to move out of the way.  "Okay well it doesn't take the whole office to do it.  Everyone get back to work except for Jamie and..." I trail off, looking for some other guy to help out.  I land my eyes on a tall guy named...Dawson I believe.  Damn I really need to get to know the names of my employees.  "Dawson." 

Everyone shuffles out of the room until it was just Jamie, Dawson and I left. The room fell quiet as I just stare at the two men standing in front of me, waiting for one of them to say something. When they just give me a blank expression, I sigh and lean my elbow against the machine.

"One of you guys want to tell me what happened?" I question, tapping my hand against the side of it.

Jamie and Dawson glance at each other then at me. "Um...I'm not ex-exactly sure. Maybe we were trying to copy too many papers than it can handle." Jamie pipes up.

"Too many papers huh..?" I open the tray where I notice about twenty papers jammed up in there as I frown. Great. Last thing I need to deal with is twenty papers stuck in this fucking machine. If it weren't for Jamie, I probably would've had Elizabeth over my desk by now. But no. My own employees don't know how to handle a copy machine.

"And you're telling me that none of you guys know how to fix it?" I ask, annoyance dripping from my tone. I attempt to pull the papers out, but they were jammed there pretty good.

"No...sir...and-and we tried pulling the papers out, but they won't move." Dawson answers, rubbing his hand along the back of his neck.

I snort, "yeah, I can see that." I continue examining the machine, trying to find any other source of problems. But when I don't find any, I sigh and face Jamie and Dawson.

"Alright, here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to call someone for this, and whatever amount of expenses I have to pay, I'll take it out of everyone's paycheck. Got that?" I say, folding my arms across my chest.

They both nod their heads and I dismiss them, letting them go back to their job that I'm paying them for. I get on the elevator and hit number eight on the pad. I exhale a sigh. I don't think I'm in the mood for sex anymore. Jamie was a real cock-block. I mean if I put my mind to it, I'm sure I can get aroused again. Hell, just the sight of Elizabeth makes me tingly.