Chapter 6

•Kevin's POV•

After a few more hours in hel- I mean school I finally wait out near Ryan's car. He eventually comes and lets me in. "So where are you taking me exactly?" Ryan turns on the car and gives me a sly smile.

"It's a surprise" oh great he's probably gonna kill me! "Ohhh joy" I lean back to my seat as he drives out the the parking lot. We pass by some areas I knew till I had no idea where we were. That's it! This is how I'm gonna die! By a hands of a pretty boy jock... WHY AM I EVEN SAYING HES PRETTY?

We eventually stop at this pizzeria so far of town I don't even recognize. "So what are you gonna fatten me up, and feed me to your dog?" Ryan lets out a laugh as he swings his arm over my shoulder. "Calm down I just wanted us to hang, and we don't have to worry about kids from our school."

I push his arm away and take a step back. "Of course you only care about if people see us, you only care about yourself." Ryan looked up at me sadly but I look away trying not to get pulled in. "Come in Kev, I just want you to see the real me ok."

I stare at him coldly not really wanting to move. Ryan then grabs my arm and pulls me in. "H-hey!" I tried to pull away put damn was he strong. "One pizza and a talk that's all ok." I give up trying to pull away and let him guide me.

This guy was hella stubborn, why does he even bother. We sit down and order our drinks and a medium pizza. "So Kevin tell me about yourself." I let out a sigh and lean my head on my arm. "What exactly do you wanna know?"

"Is it true you're gay?" Starting out strong I see. I gulp down on my soda and take a deep breath. "Yes I am, ya done?" Ryan puts his hands up defenseless. "It was just a question, I'm not gonna judge."

"Wow really you sounded really offensive on that phone call." I fired back as I slouch down. "Mistakes were made and I admit to them, ok your turn to ask me a question." I take a moment to think of something till it clicked.

"Ok, why do you hate me?" Ryan looked stunned at my question. "I- I never said that I hate you" I stare at him seeing if he was lying. "Your actions and words say otherwise jockey." Ryan stayed silent till I heard him let out a sigh.

"I never hated you it's just... how I act." I looked at him confused waiting for him to continue. "Look I've been Fred's best friend since elementary. So I've always stuck to him, yes I admit he's an ass sometimes. But he's practically family so I stick with him. Even if I don't always agree with him."

"There you go 'acting' again, so how do I know this" I pointed at his whole body. "Is not an act" Ryan looked at me with a soft smile. "Cuz the real me would never want to hurt your feelings. I promise you that."

I suddenly blush as his comment and was thankful the pizza finally came. "Ok question number two, does friends of yours. How long have you guys been together?" I took a bite of my pizza until in continued. "I've known Jonathan since we were in diapers."

"And Sam?" I let out a soft laugh and smile at him. "We met freshman year, though it's like she's my sister." Ryan then smiled at my answer chuckling a little.

"Yeah she acts really overprotective of you." I nod back as I take another bit of my pizza. "She's like that, so don't get on her bad side." Ryan laughs as well as he ate his pizza.

"Ok my turn, why do you wanna hang out with me anyways?" Ryan didn't seemed fazed by my question, as if expecting it. "For years I've been wanting to get to know you, though Fred made it clear not to even get near you. But I just wondered, how can you be so brave?"

I let out a chuckle at his comment. "Me brave? Pfft even courage the cowardly dog is braver than me." Ryan rolls his eyes and then leans in closer to me. "You are brave, I rarely know any kid who's been able to not let all the hate in school get to them."

I turn away and blush making it look like I was going to cough or something. "Y-yeah right..." I curse to myself for stuttering at that moment when I heard Ryan laugh. "Aww is Kev getting embarrassed?"

I turn to Ryan to see him smirking at me. "Shut up..." He let's out another chuckle till his hand reaches out to me. He pushed my bangs aside a little and brushes it behind my ear. I shiver as his hand creased my face hoping my face wasn't blushing.

"You should show your eyes more, they're really pretty." I back away from his hand and put my hair back to its original style. "Liar... they're not that special..." Ryan let's out a sigh and was going to say something till his phone rang.

"Shit, I'll be back I have to take this." I simply nod as he left to the restroom. I slouched down in my seat touching my hair. Why did he do that?