Chapter 11

Ryan's POV•

I walked along next to Kevin to our class, and I couldn't help but smile the whole way there. He actually agreed to be my friend, which is a big step up. Aside from smiling I felt my face get very warm. My heart was also beating really fast, it was strange I knew I was happy but this was a different feeling.

"Oh hey I got some donut holes, do you want some?" I nodded and took one from his paper bag and ate it happily. "Thank you for the kind offer sir." Kevin let out a soft chuckle and rolled his eyes.

"When was the last time you had sugar? Considering that you're an athlete I'm assuming your coach has you guys on a strict diet." I chuckle at his assumption and shake my head. "Not really, I kinda keep myself on a diet. But nothing too crazy, so I think a few donut holes I'd a good start to a cheat day."

I turn and smirk at Kevin as he rolls his eyes. "Yeah yeah just take some already jockey" I gladly take some of the remaining donut holes and eat them quickly. I looked over at the drink he was holding and was curious what it was. "Hey what's that?"

Kevin looks over to his other hand that was holding the drink and lifts it up. "Oh this is a thai milk tea with boba." I furrowed my eyebrows and was even more confused. Kevin noticed my utter confusion and looked at me shocked. "Wait, you never had boba before?" I shake my head no.

"Oh my god, no way. Well you can try it if you want. Oh hold on, are you sensitive to texture?" I look at Kevin's drink now concerned, what did he mean? What is in this damn drink?! "Uhh I don't know, maybe." Kevin chuckles and brings his cup closer to me. "Just give it a try, head up you'll have to chew the boba. So don't swallow it all at once."

Kevin lifts the drink closer to me, though I am very hesitant to try his drink. He gives me a reassuring smile, god how can I say no to a face like that. "Alright I'll give it a try, but if I die I'm going to haunt you forever." I took Kevin's drink as he rolled his eyes. "Oh god that would be toture." As I held the cup I got a closer look at what was in it. This must be the 'boba' he was talking about.

Ok, enough stalling i bring up the straw closer to my mouth and take a sip slowly. At first I just tasted the drink, the flavor was herbal, pretty good actually. All of a sudden something of a different consistency, it was quite strange. I never had something this chewy or gummy in my drink before, and oddly it was sweet.

"So, What do you think?" Kevin was looking up at me with a curious face. I smile at him as I hand him back his drink. "It was different, but pretty good actually." Kevin smiled at my response and nugged me on my side. "See told you it was good. Now we have to go and have you try more flavors."

I smirk and lean in closer to Kevin as I wrap my arm around his shoulders. "Oh, is that a date Kev?" I saw Kevin slightly jump up and turn his face away. "Oh shut up, I meant when we hang out at the mall like you said this weekend." I let out a small chuckle and pulled him closer.

"Ah yes I didn't forget, and that sounds good to me." Kevin wiggles his way out of my grasp and makes his way to our class. "Come one we're going to be late if you keep messing around" I let out a sigh and walked into the classroom with him.

As we walked in the classroom was already filled with the rest of our classmates. I then see Fred sitting at his usual spot at the back of the class. He was staring at me with his eyebrows furrowed, oh god he's pissed. I really don't want to deal with him right now, so I take my seat next to Kevin.

"Didn't know we were having a guest with us today." I turn to where I heard that voice and see it was Kevin's friend Sam. "Oh ha hi" Sam had an unreadable expression on her face which made me nervous. I already knew she didn't really like me. Kevin turned around from his seat to face Sam. "Sam be nice okay, he's trying to get along with us."

Sam looked back at me and raised her eyebrows then sighed. "If you say do dude." She then began to sip the drink she had and look down at her phone. "But may I ask, why are you suddenly sitting near us?" This time it was Jonathan who asked me a question. I didn't want to tell them I was avoiding Fred, I had to come up with a good reason.

"Well I just wanted to get to know you guys before we hang out this Saturday." Jonathan didn't really look convinced and I was starting to get sweaty. "Enough with the interrogation you two." Kevin turned and looked over at Jonathan with a serious expression. I was glad he was able to change the subject. I wouldn't have been able to come up with another excuse.

Our teacher finally walked in and the class got quiet. She began to teach a lesson and I reluctantly got my notebook out to take notes. I've never been good with history, remembering dates, events, or names weren't my specialty. But I think that's the least of my worries because my phone buzzed and I saw a notification from Fred.

I grabbed my phone and put it under the desk to read it. The message simply said, 'We need to talk Ryan, and don't flake on me this time' Shit I'm a dead man now. I put my phone away quickly so no one would notice and turned my head to where Fred was sitting. His eyes were piercing into my soul. Yup totally gonna die today.