Chapter 5

•Kevin's POV•

Both Jonathan and Sam stare at me confused as we sat in math class together. "So let me get this straight, the Ryan want to hang. With us?" I nod to Jonathan as he still looks dumbfounded.

"Dude you can't do anything straight." Sam remarks with a smirk and Jonathan returns a glare. "Nows not the time for gay jokes" Sam let's out a laugh and stretches from her seat. "Any times good for a any kind of joke."

I couldn't help but let out a soft laugh at Sam's joke. After this morning she really need to get a laugh out. "Anyways yeah he want to 'earn my trust again' " I say with quotation mark hand gestures. "I have a bad feeling about this dude"

"You just have trust issues Sam" Sam stares at Jonathan with an emotionless face. "Do you not know the shit I went through with people I thought I trusted." Jonathan just realized he opened Pandora's box of her past. "W-well yeah but come on he's willing to hang with us."

"Bet you it's all Cassidy's plan, that mega bitch" That could be true he is friends with Cassidy and her gang. "So what are you gonna do pat him down for a wire?" Jonathan sarcastically said. Sam nods, of course she would.

"Just come on Sam it's just one hang out. If he does or says anything out of line, we're done with him." Sam gives thought to my offer and I pull out my big innocent eyes." That's not gonna work on my hunty I have a little sister and hers don't phase me either." Dang it my adorableness failed me.

She lets out a groan and hits the table. "Fine I'm in..." The class starts to stare at us by the sound of the table getting hit. "Sam please calm down and do the assignment" Sam let's put a sigh pushing the paper away since she was already done.

"I already finished Mr. Rodriguez" he looked surprised then just told us to keep it down. "How do you always finish assignments quickly?" Sam shrugs as she puts her head down. I turn to Jonathan as we both get concerned.

But she was a hard nut to crack, she kept her feeling bottled up. It wasn't easy for us to know what she was feeling other than depressed. We both agreed to leave her be till the class ended.

The bell rang and I headed to art as Sam went to music and Jonathan had chemistry. Finally my safe space! I took out my sketchbook and headphones and began to doodle.

Our teacher didn't really assign us what to draw. She just wanted us to be creative and see our improvement. I was in my safe bubble, no bullies, no judgement, just my music and drawings.

I groaned when the bell rang and I had to go back to pe. I hated exercising I'm a weak scrawny boy. I don't stand chance to those knuckle heads. Please let there be nothing extreme.

I walk in and quickly changed being careful with the bandage around my knee. "Sup Kevin, ready for today's torture as you say." I let out a sarcastic sigh as Jonathan leans on me.

"Get off me you boulder" Jonathan let out a gasp and makes a dramatic pose. "How dare you call me fat!" We both let out a laugh as we walk out. As we walk out I suddenly felt a constant stare behind my back.

I felt a sudden shiver but ignored it. Surprisingly all we had to do was run a few laps. Not bad but it was harder when your damn leg hurts. So I ran in a slower pace, Jonathan kept insisting that he was fine staying behind.

I assured him I was fine so he ran ahead of me. As I continued to run I felt a sudden tap on my shoulder making me tip. I was prepared for the impact but only to feel a strong tug on my arm.

"Wow Kevin you really are clumsy." I turn to see Ryan holding my arm while smiling. "Um... you can let go" Ryan expression changed as he let me go as I tried to run again. "Hey wait"

Oh great now what? I continue to run though since he was way more athletic he reached to me pretty quickly. "I just wanted to talk, you know get close." I looked over to him questionably then rolled my eyes.

"Look I only agreed to give you a second chance, that doesn't me we can be friends." I tried to run faster only to make my knee hurt more. "Damn it!" I lean down and let out a hiss noise. "Woah you ok dude" why is he still here?!

"I'm fine just leave me alone..." I didn't dare to look up at him as I felt my heart beat go faster. God damn it why do I have to have on him of all people?

Ryan let's out a sigh and then moves making me believe he left. Though when I looked up he was still there staring at me intensely. "Look I know I fucked up yesterday, but come on what else do I have to do for you to forgive me."

I look away quickly trying to hide my blush as I began to walk. "Oh come on now, at least let's get along we do have a project to work on." I suddenly snap remembering what he said on the phone yesterday.

"Why do you still want to work with me when you clearly said I was just a fucken fag" Ryan looked back at me surprised as I just turn to walk away. Finally he gave up though as I walked away I did feel hurt myself. Just saying that word hurts me inside as well.

I finally finished the laps and go to the locker rooms to quickly change. I wait outside to meet up with Jonathan till I see Ryan walk up. Dear lord what does he want now? I turn my head away not wanting to talk to him as he comes closer.

"Hey..." I say nothing back to him as he stands next to me. "Look you have every right to be pissed after I said that yesterday. But please believe me when I say I didn't mean it. I didn't think you were listening and only said it to get Fred to shut up. Just please can we make up this weekend when we hang out with your friends. "

I was completely dumbfounded, he's actually generally apologizing for what he did. But I was still iffy that he was just pretending again. "How do I know you're not lying?" Ryan thinks for a second till he turns back at me.

"After school meet me at my car, I'm gonna show you something." I lift my eyebrow in confusion, the fuck does that mean? "Just be there ok" I let out a sigh and nod as he smiles back.

"Thanks Kev, you won't regret it" he suddenly ruffles my hair making me embarrassed. "Don't do that!" Ryan just laughs as he eventually walks away. What the hell does he have in store for me?