Chapter 3 (Rewritten)

•Kevin's POV•

God, it's the end of the day and I forgot I had to go to Ryan's house. He's probably gonna yell at me about not screwing with his grade just like Fred. It's their own fault if they fail, why do I have to suffer? I reluctantly make my way out of the school, saying a quick goodbye to Sam and Jonathan. They both wish me luck and to let them know if anything happens. I assure them that I will be fine.

I waited near Ryan's locker, don't ask why I know where it is. It felt awkward having to wait as people passed by. So to look busy I took my phone out to aimlessly look at what new posts were made on Instagram.

After a while, Ryan came up to me with a smile, ok... "Hey Kevin, are you feeling better?" Again why the sudden care about me? This is the most he's ever talked to me, it's so weird. "Yeah I'm fine the nurse put bandages on my knees."

"Well that's good again I'm still sorry about that." I let out a chuckle as I walked to him. "And like I said I'm fine, let's go already." Ryan laughs as well as we go to the parking lot to his truck. It really does go with this masculine jock persona, I try not to laugh out loud at the thought. As I sat down in the passenger seat Ryan was staring at me for a while. "Umm... what?"

"What happened here?" He reached his hand to my cheek making me blush. "W-what are you talking about?" He turns my face to the passenger mirror, and I see a red scratch on my face. God maybe Fred did that to me when I fell, but if I tell Ryan that he might yell at me too.

"I guess when I tripped earlier" Ryan just kept staring at me. "I don't remember you having that on your face after you fell though." I begin to slowly panic as I try to come up with a believable story. "Oh yeah, this happened later. I guess I was so scattered brain after I kinda accidentally smacked into a locker."

I try to laugh it off to make it seem convincing as I look over to see Ryan's reaction. "Oh umm I see, does it hurt?" He leaned in to have another look at it and reached out his hand near my face.

"Uhh just when it happened." His hand then touched my face as he softly touched the bruise. I then felt my face heat up so I turned away in embarrassment. "I didn't even know it left a big mark haha" I then touched my cheek to where the bruise was still shocked Ryan made that gesture.

"I can give you an ice pack at my house if you want." I turn to Ryan and shake my head no. "No it's okay, it's really not that bad." Ryan has a worried expression on his face as he leans back to his seat. "Alright, if you're sure about it". I finally let out a sigh of relief, can't believe I survived that.

He finally turned on his car, and we made our way out of the school's parking lot. As we drove to his house there was an awkward silence between us now. I kinda expected this, but it was still uncomfortable. I began to shift in my seat, as I took out my phone to try to seem busy.

It wasn't like I could talk to this guy about it. We rarely talk, and I can still feel my face get all red. Ok, I will admit I had a crush on Ryan last year, but I knew it was hopeless. A guy like him with someone like me, yeah never gonna happen. So I pushed away all those feelings pretty quickly. But being in close proximity and him pulling out that gesture made all those feelings flood back. I took a deep breath to calm myself down and looked back down at my phone.

After that got boring I turned my head to stare out the window. I noticed that we were farther away from the part of the city I recognized. This must be where the richer families lived since the houses were bigger and more extravagant. Before I knew it Ryan pulled up to a driveway to a two-story house. "Wow.. you live here?" Ryan laughs as he turns off the car. "Yeah, it's not really much honestly."

You fucken kidding me, my house is only one story with two rooms. The first story looks nothing compared to this mansion. I turn away to roll my eyes before I hop off his car and follow him inside.