Chapter 7

"Oh, shoot. Mom, we don't have any flowers." Yoshi said, grabbing his Mom's arm and pointed at the tombstone in front of them.

  "You're right...Do you three mind staying here for a while? So that I can ask your father if he can come with me." Your Mom smiled at the three teenagers in front of her.

  You, Yoshi and Karma nodded in unison. Your Mom smiled and waved goodbye at the three of you "While she's gone, why don't we set the candles up, Nee-Chan?" Yoshi said smiling at you.

  You stayed silent, glancing at the tombstone but then nodded. Karma watched as you pulled out a bunch of matches on your Mom's bag while giving it to Yoshi.

  Karma then spotted a bench where he assumed he can sit in. He then sat down making himself comfortable, placing his elbow on his knee while placing his hand on his mouth, watching you help your brother with the candles.

  "I don't care."

  "That's enough."

  "..How do you know?"

  "What a stupid excuse."

  The words you once said to Karma rang in his head repeatedly. He watched you place a hand on Yoshi's head with a plain look.

  He leaned back on the bench and stared at the tombstone. He squinted his eyes attempting to see the tombstone clearly, his eyes quickly widen as he saw the name, causing his body to froze in shock.

  "..That's why her surname is so familiar.." Karma mumbled looking down on the ground in shock.

  You turned your head to look at Karma and to keep him company but to only see him seating on the bench with a shock look,   this expression he was giving out made you confuse.

  You walked over to him and sat down next to him "Hey." You called out placing a hand on his shoulder making him turned his head to you with a shock look.

  "What's with the expression?" You asked, leaning back on the bench but kept your gaze in his face.

  "Who is..That person on the tombstone to you?" Karma asked, pointing at the tombstone in front of him.

"My sister." You replied, raising a brow, confuse on how shock he is.

  "Lui L/N..Is your sister?" Karma asked wkeeping the same expression on his face.

  "Isn't obvious by the surname?" You asked, closing your eyes "Do you know her?"

   "..I do." Karma replied, calming down a bit.

  "Can you tell me how you met her?" You asked, opening your eyes slowly to look at him.

  "...Lui was a dear friend, she had a special part inside of me. Even though she was a year older or a grade higher, I still considered her as a friend and a senpai of course and so did she." Karma smiled at the though "She was so kind, sweet, has a huge sense of humor and weird. She was quite famous, right?"

  You nodded "Did you fell for her?" You asked out of the blue, catching Karma off guard.

  "No, she was like a sister and she treated me like a little brother, but most on the time I'm the one acting as if I'm older." Karma laughed silently and leaned back on the bench, his smile soon turned into a frown "But then the storm came, you should know about this, Y/N."

  You stayed silent and looked at the tombstone "The storm was too strong, and it was their fieldtrip and she was with them, because of the climate, the bus they were riding lost it's break and hit a huge tree, all the students were only injured except for my sister and her friend." You replied.

  Karma stayed silent, sighing but quickly let out a smile "Is she the reason why you're like this?" He asked, looking at you.

  "I don't trust people, I learned that the hard way. She told me that I shouldn't give out too much emotion because people might take advantage of it, and I took her advice after she passed away." You replied, crosssing your arms "I did it with my own free will."

  It was an awkward silent for a while, you looked up from the ground to see your Mom and Dad walking over to the tombstone "Looks like they're already here, let's go." You said standing up.

  You glance at Karma who just looked at the ground hesistating to stand up on the chair, you looked back at the tombstone "You could stay there if you're still not ready to look at her tombstone."

Karma looked up from the ground and watched you walk away from him and walk towards the tombstone.

  After a couple of minutes, your Mom and Dad had set up foods and drinks in front of the tombstone "Yoshi, can you get a bucket of water so that we can clean your sister's tombstone?" Your Mom asked Yoshi with a smile.

Yoshi nodded, soon then you offered incense sticks and lit them up with a matches, soon enough Yoshi came back with the bucket of water and poured water on the tombstone slowly.

  After a couple of cleaning, Karma soon decided to kneel in front of your sister along with your family.

  You glance at Karma who was currently praying in front of your sister's tombstone, his eyes close and his hands clasped together.

  You looked at the tombstone, I guess Nee-Chan did have a special part in Karma's heart.

  The sun was setting down. You and Your family along with Karma cleaned up the tombstone once more and left.

"We'll drive you home, Karma-Kun." Yoshi smiled at Karma.

  "Thank you." Karma replied.

  "That reminds me, did you now know who was in the tombstone, Karma?" Your Mother asked with a smile.

  "Yes, Y/N told me about it." Karma replied with smile.

  "That's nice to hear, why don't you come with us again when we visit?" Your Mom askrd.

  "...That would be nice, Mrs. L/N."