chapter thirteen

DATED: 22nd September, 1999, Wednesday

TRADITIONS

HERMIONE POTTER POV:

It had been two weeks since we started living together.

I and Draco were still very curious about Marking so we decided to contact our parents. They agreed to explain us everything and so on Saturday we flooed down to Draco's house. We met our parents there and they started explaining us everything.

"Since your marriage was fixed by an unbreakable vow which is 50 years old you will both have to marry a very traditional way" Narcissa sighed. "Traditionally the first step is engagement and then the wedding. The engagement is done, and we are waiting for you to set a date once you set a date we will start with wedding traditions which are similar to modern ones" my mother said.

"What is marking?" I asked.

"Unlike other wizarding families some families which are rich and have powerful magic often opt for this thing called marking where the male after engagement marks his fiancé' and starts off a special connection between them" Lucius answered.

"What is the special connection?" Draco asked.

"You both will share a tattoo and a mental connection where you can feel each other's emotions and communicate through mind" Lucius answered.

"What was the thing you chose Hermione during engagement?" Narcissa asked me "Forgiveness" I answered and she smiled "Always the witty one, then Draco will get a tattoo written forgiveness on his skin just above his heart while you will get dragon right on your hip bone which will represent that your are engaged to a Malfoy" Narcissa said and I sighed taking in the information.

"And what about our family dad and mom, did they also choose something?" I asked as we were also one of the rich and powerful wizarding families and they smiled. "Ours is a lion dear" my father answered. "We get it on the back, I get a lioness with three cubs the cubs represent how many child I am going to have" my mother said. "Ohh so Ginny will go through same?" I asked. "Yes as soon they get engaged and consummate their engagement they will also go through same, Harry will get the tattoo of what Ginny will add and Ginny will get a lioness on her shoulder with the number children she will have" my father answered and I sighed.

"Did Ally?" I asked and they nodded. "The Weasleys are even though not that rich but still powerful, their mark is a Weasel, and Allison has that in her right shoulder" my mother answered and I sighed. "Can I tell Ginny about it?" I asked. "I guess you can" my mother shrugged.

"How will I get that tattoo? I mean will I have to pierce it in my skin?" I asked. "Did you both consummate yet?" Narcissa asked and we shook our head.

"Oh you should have done it by now, you will both fall severely ill if you do not consummate your engagement in one month" she said as me and Draco shared shocked glances.

"Our engagement was on 29th August that means we have to consummate before 29th September which is a week away" Draco said and I looked at him. "Thank you mother" he said and we got up.

"We are sorry we didn't get a chance to inform you all this and since you were living together we thought you might have already done it, we were going to ask you about it in few days" Narcissa said looking guilty.

"It's okay Narcissa everything happened in a hurry so I know it's okay" I said and hugged them good bye.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is another chapter!!!!!

Please VOTE-COMMENT-READ