chapter 6

____________________________

Matt's P.O.V:

Waking up in the morning, I didn't get much sleep.

I felt so bad for being rude and hanging up on Cassie last night.

I knew that when I saw her, she would be mad, but some part of me was hoping she would understand and just let me off the hook for once.

I sighed, rubbing my face in frustration as I walked down the stairs ready for school.

"Hey mom!" I shouted when I got to the kitchen.

"Matty!!!" Nancy, my 5-year old little sister, yelled, jumping on me.

My mom and I laughed at her happiness. I swear this girl is always happy.

"Hey pumpkin!" I smiled, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

She smiled a dimpled smile at me before going back to her seat on the table.

"Matty, guess what?" Nancy asked.

"What?" I responded, bending down to be at eye level with her.

"I'm sleeping over at Lindsey's house tonight," she said and I smiled.

"Really?" I asked while pretending to be surprised and she nodded enthusiastically.

"Yeah, I'm staying for the whole week and we're gonna go to school together everyday!" She said while bouncing on her chair, her short curly hair following along.

"That's great!" I smiled and looked at my mom questioningly.

"That's what I was going to tell you. I'm going away for the weekend to see your grandma, so you'll be home alone," My mom said while going back to washing the dishes.

"Alright, I have to go. Don't want to be late for school!" I said and she smiled.

"Bye, love you! Oh! Tell Casie I said hi," She said as I exited the house and I groaned in annoyance.

Damn, I was just forgetting about her.

I sighed and got into my car driving to the school.

Last night, I couldn't believe that Casie got into an argument with her dad about me.

I wonder what it was about... I'm pretty sure Casie defended me, so I shouldn't have snapped at her, but when she brought up my prison records, something inside of me snapped.

Casie was the last person I wanted to know about my past.

There were many things that I did and would always regret, especially with how things ended. But regardless of everything, I wouldn't want Cassie any where near my past.

Just the thought of what I did made me so pissed off! I didn't mean to snap on Casie, I just thought that what if she found out about what I did and decided that was dangerous and she want's nothing to do with me? What if I scare her and she thinks I'm heartless and crazy?

I know I could never take back what I did and I could never erase the scars it left behind. Being the person my brother knew me as, was the only thing that is keeping me sane.

Locking my emotions away is the only way I knew to survive. I shouldn't even involve Casie in my life considering I might put her in danger! My past was still out there and they were still looking for me.

My heart wrenched at the thought of Casie being in danger.

Before I knew it, I was at the school. I sighed as I entered; already tired of school.

By the time I entered the school, there was nobody in the hallways. I saw my neighbor, Casie's friend Katelyn, and Lisa (a girl I had a one night stand with once). I think it was her first, but at the time, I didn't really care.

"Hey kate!" I said, smiling slightly and trying to ignore the glare that Lisa was sending me.

Maybe I should apologize... I do feel bad.

"Hey, Lisa? Can we talk after school?" I asked, making up my mind.

"No," She snapped and I sighed.

"Please? It wont take long, I promise," I said and she reluctantly nodded. I smiled widely as I said my goodbye and swiftly turned the corner.

I stopped suddenly, my smile turning into a scowl at the sight in front of me.

I saw Casie with some guy who had his arms wrapped tightly around her waist with their bodies pressed together.

The boy looked so familiar and I knew I saw him from somewhere, but I dropped the thought as the urge to rip his arms away from her grew.

I glared at him. Didn't he know she was mine? And why the fuck wasn't she pushing him away?

My heart beat accelerated and I clenched my fist in anger. They talked for a while still in each others' arms before his eyes met mine.

I took a step towards them and watched as he said something to her. They exchanged a few more words and I saw him nod towards me before I heard her laugh and he finally let her go.

She turned around to face me and the smile fell right off her face. She stared at me in shock and if anything, my face turned more murderous. I swear all I was thinking of were ways I could kill him.

I took a step towards them and she shook her head at me as if telling me not to come towards them.

I ignored her and continued to walk towards them. She quickly said something to him before she grabbed his hand and they walked away. I banged on the wall angrily.

Is that why she didn't want to tell anybody about us? Because of him? Scratch that... There is no us, but did Casie have a boyfriend? She didn't seem like the girl who would cheat, so if she had a boyfriend, she would have never agreed to be Friends with Benefits with me.

If he's not her boyfriend, then why was he holding her like that? Was he a crush?

So many thoughts ran through my mind, making me angrier than ever. I sighed as I walked to class.

I would definitely talk to her after class.

**********

Edited 7/12/2016 at 7:33 PM by