The Race for A Soul

A/N: Lemme just start with.... you don't have to read this chapter if you don't want to. This isn't sticking to the story line, just a lily toe something I wanted to do. Again, this is NOT part of the story.

I got an idea to do this, the terms I used and described are from another author. @Saphirekitten I believe that's her username... so, I do not own it, go check out her book that I got the idea from: Halos and Horns.

Check it out.

In this small skit-thing you are an angel, Lafayette is a demon... that's all you know for now, you'll have to read in order to find out what happens. Enjoy!

:-: :-:

Y/N POV

I sped past my brother, Hercules, flapping my wings furiously. "Y/N! Get back here!" He called and took off after me.

"Ugh! You're a Grim, not an Overseer!" He exclaims, "I know! I've got to get to the mortal before a Collector does!" I shouted and dove into the pool, it lead to the human's realm.

I pressed my pure white wings to my sides, as I neared a building-top my wings spread. The wind caught under my feathered-wings and lifted me higher.

My eyes examined the terrain, I heard a scream. Bingo. I raced into the direction, I heard an ear deafening growl as well.

Being an angel my senses are better and a human's. Fuck, it's a demon; they smell the person's dying soul.

(I'ma jump in real quick.. just so you know the terms I used.

Grim(s): Angels that are to collect dying souls or resurrect them. This job is very dangerous, since they tend to run into demons that want to consume the soul. Being this will require high combat skills. This job is the chase of most death, loss of wings, or injuries. This job is said to mentally numb an Angel's mind.

Overseer(s): Angels That help guide humans and help them adjust to their new life.

Collector(s): Collectors collect souls for consumption. They try their best to reach a dying person before a Grim so they can get the soul first. If they reach the person at the same time, they tend to fight to the death, or until one of them are unable to fight.

Okay, now I'm done. Those are the only terms I'll use for this skit-thing. It all belongs to the person mentioned earlier.)

I landed on a dark figure, pushing them down to the ground and pinning them. The figure let out a deep chuckle and faded into mist, my eyes widened and I looked around quickly.

I felt two arms wrapped around me, pulling me into a firm chest. I looked up and saw this Demon's face.

They had a neatly cut beard and curly hair hat was pulled back into a bun. They've got the signature horns and black feathered-wings a demon should have.

Their nose was touching mine and the man smirked, letting out a deep noise. "Well hello there, mademoiselle." They said, their voice was laced with a French accent.

I scoffed and attempted to push myself away, their grip only tightened on me. I let out a huff and slapped their face.

The man let me go and smirked, touching his Now red cheek with a deep chuckle. "My bad, where are my manners? I'm Lafayette," He grumbled.

"And I assume you're a Grim," Lafayette pouted. "I have name, I'll have you know, and it's Y/N!" I seethed and rushed to the mortal.

"I'm a Collector, and I don't think so." He growled and grabs me by a wing, tossing me.
I hissed in pain and stood as he bent down to the mortal with a wicked smile.

I grabbed him by a horn and dragged him away before slamming his face into a brick wall, it's a good thing we're in an ally. Now we don't have to conceal our true forms.

"Shouldn't of done that." He claimed breathily, I arched brow and before I knew it He was holding me up by the throat; lifting me in the air.

When his jaws parted to form a smirk I saw his large canines, I shuddered lightly at the sight of them. He chuckled darkly before he opens his eyes, they were a glowing red color.

Fuck, he's in a berserk state. His nails dug into my neck and he pulled me down to his eye level, glaring at me.

Both of my hands instinctively wrapped around  his bicep, attempting to pry it off my neck. His fans sunk into my wing and I heard snap, fuck that hurt.

I kicked my legs and hit him in the crotch, Lafayette may not have been mortal, but we've all got our weaknesses.

He let me go and I fell back to the ground. His eyes went back to the brown color from before, aggression shown in his gaze though.

I glanced over at my wing, it was now bleeding and hurt like Hell. I glared back at the demon before me, "Feisty." Was all he said.

I furrowed my brows In confusion, he took a step towards me cautiously. I flinched slightly before I gained my balance and stood.

I walked back over to the mortal, glancing back at the demon. He was staring at me with  an emotion I couldn't read, but he hadn't taken a step closer.

I tended to the human, resurrecting them. Once they moved again I quickly hid in the shadows, Lafayette had done the same.

I didn't know where he was until I started backing up and bumped into something stiff. I grumbled and the human got up, rushing off somewhere.

I spread my wings in pain, wiping some blood that dribbled down my chin from the fight. In too much pain my wings instantly retracted.

I sighed and started to walk away, the demon came out of the shadows too and grabbed my wrist. He tailed me to face him so I was up against his chest.

"What do you want with me?!" I hissed, he let out a low purr and smirks. "I simply want you as my mate." He stated. My eyes widen in shock I and tried to get away, but failed.

"It's forbidden for an angle and demon to be together, the same goes for demons with humans and angels with humans; you know this!" I sneered.

"Hasn't stopped others, we've got Half-breeds after all." Lafayette stated, I sighed. "Tell you what, I'll meet with you tonight right here... but you've got to take me back to the entrance to Heaven since you broke my wing." I grumbled.

"You've got yourself a deal." He flashed a genuine smile and released me before picking me up bridal style and flying off.