He's so Loveable...

Y/N POV

That night I had fallen asleep in exhaustion, cuddled with Lafayette, laying my head on his chest. My new dog, which I had decided to name Eros, after the Greek god; who is basically another Cupid, was sleeping with his muzzle to my face and curled on the other half of Laf's chest.

Eros was snoring lightly, I smiled as I slept peacefully. I wonder what this makes us now? Hercules and John were secretly taking pictures of us while we slept.

(Damn paparazzi.)

I decided I would start Eros' trick and off-leash training after the prom, so tomorrow. He'll be such a great dog, I know it! Heck, I'm confident about it.

:-: :-:

I woke up the next morning with Lafayette's toned arms wrapped around my small frame, I hum softly and felt his chest rumble.

"Mornin' shortcake." He murmured groggily in my ear, I rolled my eyes and shove his face away. "I don't want your soggy breath In my ear." I mumbled, sitting up.

I stretched my arms upward, yawning softly. "But you like my morning voice.." Laf purred, "It's true, I do. But I don't want your hot breath in my ear." I grumbled.

"Oh, but you're fine listening to my 'attractive' morning voice?" Lafayette chimed. "Yeah, pretty much." I winked at him, Eros sat up and stretched before hopping off the couch and sniffing around his new home.

"Laf," I murmured. "Yes, shortcake?" He cooed. "Why did you ask me to be your prom date when there were so many better options?"
I asked quizzically.

He furrowed his brows. "Because from the moment I laid eyes on you, I knew I just wanted to hold... to cherish the gem I had found." He sat up and looked me in the eyes, taking grasp of my hand and rubbing small circles with his thumb.

"I knew, I wanted to protect and love the gift the world sent me. And, you'd stolen my heart, Y/N, it's yours." Lafayette said sincerely, bringing my other hand to his chest, where his heart would be.

I let out a broken laugh. "Ha-" I sniffed and and Lafayette kissed a tear away tenderly. "Y/N I love you." He whispered and pressed his forehead against mine.

I smiled and peck his lips softly. "I love you too." I said softly, I could practically hear his smile.

Just then Eros jumped up in between us, beginning to lick our lips and chin. "Gross!" I laughed and began to wipe his slobber off. Lafayette chuckled and began to stroke Eros' head.

I pat Eros' sides and take him into my lap, rolling him onto his back and rubbing his belly. His leg kicked as I scratched it, earning a few giggles from me; Lafayette just watched us both, lovingly. Like he'd never seen such perfection in his life.

I sighed contently and stood up, heading towards the stairs. "Better get ready, prom starts at noon." I called over my shoulder to Lafayette, I heard a muffled 'okay'.

I called Eros, it took a few tries for him to realize that was his name, but he eventually got it. Eros came padding over to me and followed me upstairs.

I entered my room and waited for him to come as well, Eros let out a light bark and walked in. He jumped up on the bed with pricked ears, watching my movements closely.

I went to my closet and looked for different dresses that'd be nice for the prom. I sighed letting out a small frown.

I heard a grumbled and turned around, glancing around my room. The voice was vaguely familiar.