Jefferson x Reader (Au)

I bet you though you had seen the last of me >:)

String Au

It is often said that there are millions of strings knotted together, forever unable to join two people together. Thomas was sure he was one of these people.

The average age to find your soul mate is 23. Thomas is 32. He put his job over finding his mate, and it seems that he has lost his chance because of this. This was not in fact the case, rather that his soul mate, a young adult named Y/n, 7 years his junior, and had been in school for most of his working career, and had only recently gotten out of collage.

She lived relatively close to him, she left for work the same time everyday, got home the same time everyday, walked the dog everyday, and crossed Thomas' path everyday. By some weird act of Fate, the two had never noticed each other.

As Y/n walks to work, Thomas gets out of his car across the street and heads into his office building, on up to the top floor like normal. He was a lawyer, one of the best in the state.

Y/n was the secretary for Hamilton Law, which of course was Jefferson and Madison Law enemy. This is an obvious writing cliche, but the writer is too lazy to come up with another trope, so we shall go with this due to creativeness and Writer just wants to get this piece out.

Everyday, Monday through Friday, Y/n and Thomas' red string flows above all of the cars and across the street to each other, but they give it no mind and go about their normal days.

But, one faithful Tuesday, Y/n's boss asked her to accompany him across the street for a meeting with Jefferson. Her only real job was to take notes and make sure Alex, the bosses name, was organized and didn't try to fight Jefferson. Unknown why Alex actually hated this floofy haired man, Y/n agreed to join him at the Jefferson Madison Offices. The day would start off like usual, then after lunch, the meeting would be held on the top floor of the building, which was noticeably taller than the Hamilton building.

And so, the day started off normal, then after a small lunch at her desk, Y/n went off to join her boss.

Upon entering the building, the small red string looked, almost brighter. Y/n didn't think anything of it, while Jefferson, who knew what this sign meant, lit up with happiness. He wasn't sure where the person on the other end was, but he hoped that this actually meant he could still find them.

Some time went by were Alex and Y/n just waited for Jefferson and Madison to arrive in the meeting room. In that time, the string had become brighter and brighter, to the point it burned Y/n's eyes. The other people in the room, Alex and two workers from J&M Law, didn't seemed bothered by the light, but then again, they could not see the burning string.

When Jefferson entered into the room, greeting Alex whilst doing so, the string burned white before slowly burning down to nothing. It was gone. Y/n, who had been noticing the brightening of the once red string, was quite taken aback by this. Mentally, she was freaking out, while on the outside, she was also freaking out. The longer she looked at the tall man, the harsher her breathing got. The once calm Y/n was rendered down to a shaken mess. Knowing how bad this could end, Y/n looked down at her papers and tried her best to slow her breathing. In, out. In, out. In, out.

Thomas was much more amused by their situation. He knew who she was now, she was his soulmate, and with the string now gone, they could be together. A small smirk formed across his lips as he planned how he would talk to her.

"So, Mr. Hamilton, who is this young lady you have brought with you?" Thomas' smirk only grew as he directed his question over to Alex.

"Oh, this is Miss L/n, my secretary. Keeps me in order." Alex was monotone, not much enjoying this conversation he held with his rival. Y/n only offered a soft smile at him.