They circled around him. Poor kid, I thought. Doesn't know what's coming to him... Oh well, sounds like a problem that's not mine.

I bounded up the steps and when I reached the glossy floors I jumped back on my skateboard and headed into my first period class. English with Miss Levine.

I skated in unnoticed by the teacher, for which I was grateful for.

I sat in the far back and waited for class to start. When the bell rang, students came flooding into the classroom. One caught my eye, the boy from earlier who was surrounded by the jocks.

He took one look at me and sat to my right.

I noticed he had a fresh bruise on his right cheek, and I sighed. Those assholes.

He was actually pretty good looking if I do say so myself. He had a good build about him and flaunted his choppy black hair. The eyeliner suited him as well, it wasn't too excessive. Plus, judging by his Mötley Crüe t-shirt, he had a fantastic taste in music.

The teacher began calling attendance. Great, here's my chance to know his name, I thought to myself. She paused and said, "Class, we have a new student in the district today, his name is Ashley Purdy." She beckoned him to come forward. Nervously, he got up to the front of the class.

I heard some girls muttering and giggling, "Why's he wearing makeup? What the hell..."

He turned pink and headed back to the seat next to mine.

She reached my name, and rolled her eyes once they landed on me.

"Alexandria, I do not permit skateboards in my classroom."

She pointed to the door, "Put it in your locker."

"Sorry," I mumbled, and headed outside to my locker.

***ASHLEY'S POV***

I'm so bored. This class is so damn boring, I thought to myself. I gave myself a chuckle. It hasn't even started yet Ashley.

"Class, we have a new student in the district today, his name is Ashley Purdy."

Well, I'm fucked, I thought. She pointed to a spot next to her. Fuck. She wants me to go up there. Bitch. Hastily, I got up and stood at the front of the class, giving a small wave.

Here comes the laughter, I thought to myself. Sure enough, some pretty hot looking girls started laughing their asses off at me.

And nice asses at that, I thought with a smirk.

~ALEX'S POV~

I opened the refrigerator door to find nothing to my liking. Week old pasta? No thanks. Microwaveable pizza? Yum. I pulled it out only to find it had expired 3 weeks ago. Dammit. I had completely avoided grocery shopping all week with the money Aunt Mae had left me. I checked the time: 10:32. Hopefully CVS is still open. 

I headed out into the moist, dark night and walked towards the CVS a couple of blocks away. After about 20 minutes I finally got there. Once I finished buying myself a couple of things for the week, I walked out of the store with my bags in hand.

On the walk home, I couldn't help but wonder about Ashley. He seemed like a pretty cool dude. Thoughts of him filled my head, until I heard a slurred voice behind me.

"Where d'you think YOU'RE going by yourself?"

I turned to see a a tall, messy white dude with clothes that reeked of alcohol. Fuck. He's drunk, I observed.

I trembled. Now what the hell am I gonna do? I'm 5'2 and like, 100 pounds of weakness.

I felt a hand around my waist. Dammit.