He picked up the phone and answered the call but immediately move his phone away from his ear. He didn't had time to connect the phone to his car cable so the screamed he heard must be Izzy's. "What the actual fuck! Magnus you have got some explanation to do! Where is my brother?" She screamed and Magnus was actually anxious to answer.

"Izzy I'm driving, come to hospital and I explained everything." Magnus didn't have time to talk more cause in his mind he was worried as hell about his family.

As he reached the hospital he grabbed Sophie from the seat and carried her in his arm. He ran to the emergency department and went straight to the counter, "Alexander and Maxwell Lightwood-Bane, they were here by an ambulance maybe half an hour ago." He spoke to the nurse behind the counter as she check in the system.

"Yeah, they are in the red zone but you can't go in there. Please wait in the waiting area I have someone to attend you in a minute." She suggested but Magnus heart's boiled when he wanted only to see his family but was held by some hospital rules. "No! I demand to see my family damn it! Now!" He fisted the counter and she was held back in a shock. "Sir, please. You don't want to be dragged out from here with a toddler in your arm, think about it. They are trying to save your family and they can't focus if you were there in this condition. So please, take my advice and I will have someone to update you if anything." It felt like a wake up call, he was completely losing his mind but he need to stay strong for Sophie. He nodded as he went to the waiting area.

He refused to sit so he was pacing around holding Sophie in his arm. "Alexander and Maxwell Lightwood-Bane." The guy in a scrubs called out the name. Magnus ran towards him with Sophie by his side. "I'm his husband and the father."

"Sir, I have some news. Your son Maxwell in surgery right now. He has a bleeding in his brain due to the blow so they need to stop the bleeding. We will let you know as soon as your son is out of surgery. Regarding your husband, the bullet that hit him was removed but he lost a lot of blood so they are transfusing as we speak. We got Dr Ranver to have a look at the baby but that is all I could say for now. Lets pray for the best and hope for recovery." He patted Magnus shoulder and left him in the room.

Magnus falls on his knees and held Sophie in his arm. He felt like his whole world is crashing down as he heard the news. But soon he saw his family walked in running towards him. The first one was Izzy and she grabbed Sophie from his arm, "Oh thank god you're okay. Are you okay baby girl? Are you hurt?" Izzy examined Sophie removing her messy hair from her face. "Papa, I want papa. Where's Max?" She asked but Izzy just hugged her. She cried along as she saw Magnus trying to get up but wobbled and then fall to the ground. He was caught by Jace and they called for help.

Magnus opened his eyes slowly and the first thing he saw was light on the ceiling. He felt his head pounding and his mouth is dry as if he swallowed a sandpaper. He tried to got up but was pushed back to the bed. "Hey, hey take it easy, here." It was Jace and for the first time Magnus feel the brotherly care.

He took a sip and let his head falls back on the pillow. But then he realized he was at a hospital and all of the event occurred earlier. He shot his head up and sat. "Oh god, Alexander, Max! Where's Sophie?" Jace pushed him back to sit on the bed since he tried to put his feet on the ground. "Chill bro, Sophie is with Izzy outside in the waiting area, this is temporary room for you. Cat put you here. You fainted when we get to you."

Magnus breathing in and out heavily and he felt like his chest was getting tighter and its getting more difficult to breathe. "Magnus breathe, relax." Jace tried to comfort him. "I want to see Alec, oh god Max. Is he-? How long was I out?" He couldn't managed his words.

Jace pulls him to a hug and to Magnus surprise cause they barely had this kind of connection. "I know, I'm worried about them too. But we need to stay together and pray for the best. They are strong and I'm sure they will pull through. You were unconscious for almost three hours." As comforting as those words was Magnus couldn't help but to fixated on the thought. He tried to pull himself together. Sophie can't see him like this. Not too mentioned it was three hours and he need to know what happened to Alec and Max

After a while, they pull back from their hug and Magnus was a mess. Just then Maryse and Robert walked in. "Boys, they have news." Magnus literally jumped out from the bed and went out from the room and saw Dr Ranver and three doctor besides her. All of them in scrubs except Dr Ranver.

"Please tell me they are okay?" Magnus greeted them as he approached. Dr Ranver has a serious look on his face. "Mr Bane this is Dr Carter from the surgery department and this is Dr Hale from pediatric neurosurgery. Dr Carter." She signed and the other doctor come forward shook hand with Magnus.

"Mr Bane, we managed to pull the bullet out, he had a massive bleeding after but we managed to stop it. He received roughly 6 bags of blood transfusion and his vitals are not improved afterwards so we decide for intubation and he is under a lot of drugs to keep him sedated." Magnus felt like he's under the water, all the information was too much for him to receive. "Please tell me he's okay, a-and the baby?"

"The baby is fine, Magnus. You have one hell of a soldier there fighting. So does Alec." Dr Ranver mentioned.

"an-and Max, how is he?" Dr Ranver looked at Dr Hale and he come forward to shake hand with Magnus. "Mr Bane, he's out of surgery and too my surprised responded well to the treatment. He will be awake soon. We stop the bleeding and stitched him up but he will have a battle scar that would be a fore tale to tell to his baby bro and baby sis."

Magnus clenched his chest and Maryse hugged him, right after Robert followed. "That son of a bitch really did have some guardian angel looking after him." He turned his back and saw Cat behind him. She went to hug him and all of them cheered in relief.

End of flashback