Awkward

KY'S POV

As I stepped inside the kitchen, my mind flooded with what he was hiding. Perhaps a new game? A fish even? Or maybe even a letter from my friends. I am yet to hear from them after I have sent them all mail...

Wiping some moss and leaves and dew off of my jumper, I jump slightly when I turn the corner past the fridge. Sat there was a man, with a small cup of orange juice in front of him.

He wore a happy smile and his eyes were a shade of brown, almost hazel. He wore casual clothes, eliminating my idea that he was someone that dad had to do business with. Who was this guy?

'Hello. You must be Ky.' He said.

'Yeah.' I reply a bit too quickly for my own taste.

'Ky meet Stuart. He is a friend of the family.' He said. I refused the urge to say 'The whole big two of us' but though better of it.

'Hi.' I say quickly, letting a hint of confusion come through. 

Dad walked over to the island that 'Stuart' was sat at, taking the seat next to him. I slid my hands in my pockets and tried to think of why he was here. But I was thinking about other things at the moment. I was almost concerned about some things. How long had I been asleep on Simon's chest for last night? Who else knew? And I think...I might like-like some of my best friends...But everything is so cloudy that I'm not too sure. But I still had no idea who or why Stuart is here. I never heard of nor know someone called Stuart. 

'You look confused.' Dad smiled. About time dad... I wanted to say You don't say But I am nice so I didn't.

'Yeah. I am.' I say quickly again. Dad gestures for me to sit down and I do so, slipping off my jumper as I did so and laying it across my lap.

'Well, when I come to America for business, I always meet up with Stuart. We have known each other for years and years and years. And well...' Dad said. I swear he was just trying to make me more confused because it was working. After clearing his throat and shuffling around on his chair, he said what the main point was.

'We are together.' He said and I was taken aback. 

Alright. So my Dad is dating a guy. Cool! I don't really know how to respond. I mean...Dad never really was interested in things like that. He was always sketchy when I asked questions as an early teen about sex ed and guys and stuff. He never liked the idea of letting me go or wanting me to grow up. And now he is dating somebody? I am Happy for him! I truly am.

'Well, what do you think?' Stuart asked.

'I'm happy for you guys.' I say quickly.