Vol 2 Chap 38

XH 38

Xiao Hua had the urge to destroy something and preferably a certain huge tree with the hanging wooden target boards. No matter how much she had tried to throw the knives, not even a single one could come close to it. All of them fall to the ground before they could even approach a foot near the board.

Her right arm feels tired from the constant throwing, and she feared if she continues throwing, she might end up dislocating her right shoulder. But she had to admit Xiao Hua's body was tougher than she had originally expected.

Her frustration led her to throw the knives at targets closer to her, such as the shorter and thinner tree which was a few feet closer to her than a certain huge tree with the hanging board.

Since she can't bully the big tree, she will bully the smaller one! (╬ Ò﹏Ó)

Xiao Hua was happy to see her knives sunk deep into the smaller tree with a satisfying 'thud' sound.

"That's not the target." Da Bei decided to pop her happy bubble.

Xiao Hua's shoulder slumped. "I can't hit it."

Da Bei stared at her for a moment before reaching out to take a knife. He swings his hand backward before swinging his hand upward and at the same time, releasing the knife. It hit straight into one of the hanging board, making it swing slightly.

Xiao Hua bit her lip, contemplating. She picked up a knife and tried to copy Da Bei's move, but the knife falls to the ground even before it reaches half the distance between her and the board. Depressed, she walked around to pick up the fallen knives.

"You lack strength."

Xiao Hua nodded in agreement. She knows that, but the Third Prince only gave her three days! If she trained her right hand to get stronger, she would not have enough time to train her aiming!

So many choices yet so little time!

"Da Bei, do you know what my punishment is going to be if I fail?" Xiao Hua anxiously asked.

"No."

"What...what do you think it will be?"

"Beat by a wooden stick." That was his punishment when he failed to finish the given task in the past.

Xiao Hua: '...' No matter what, she needs to have ten knives on the board before the third day!

After hours of constantly trying, Xiao Hua let out a loud cheer when one of her throws managed to touch the board. "I did it!"

"You are out of the line."

Xiao Hua looked down at the ground, and sure enough, she had crossed the line. And not by few centimeters either. She had crossed more than a few feet!

"Why didn't you tell me, Da Bei?" Xiao Hua cried without tears. Her tiredness had long ago crushed her politeness towards Da Bei. To her, Da Bei was a very likable kid even if he was rather quiet until you asked him a question.

This is the perfect little brother type! ('。• ᵕ •。') ♡

"...I'm sorry."

Xiao Hua grinned. "Next time, tell me if I did something wrong, okay?" She grinned even wider until her teeth could be seen when Da Bei nodded.

"It's time for afternoon meal!" Tian Zi called out. Tian Chi was behind her, holding a few food containers.

Xiao Hua did not have an appetite but she still stuffed herself with food to recover back her energy. Da Bei had disappeared with his own portion of the meal as if he was shy to reveal his face. She actually wanted to see if Da Bei would be as adorable as she had imagined.