35. Memory

As soon as I told Brett I loved him, everything around me went blurry. I could hear Brett's voice repeating my name, and then I felt his arms wrap around me as he carried me into another room.

I may have blurred vision, but I could diffidently think. That's when it hit me. I could remember. I can see things that happened when I was a little girl, I remember collage. I remember the trouble I've gotten into, the pain I felt, my first boyfriend. First kiss, job, apartment, house, and when Brett asked me to marry him. I could remember all of it.

My memory....it was back! After all I've been through, I finally have everything I've ever lived for back. I live to make memories, and now all that time hadn't gone to waste. I'm back! And I love Brett more than ever.

Then, there were a few flashbacks that stood out, and this is what I saw.

**Flashback #1**

"Cara, look at me." Brett's voice was soft. I looked over at the man, and he was down on one knee. He pulled a small black box out of his pocket, and flipped it open. A ring. A engagement ring. I covered my mouth with my hands and could feel tears in my eyes.

He held the ring up, and with the ocean in the background, it was perfect. "Cara" he spoke softly, "will you make me the happiest man alive, and marry me?" My eyes lit up and I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Yes! Yes! I'll marry you!" I screamed in pleasure. He hugged me and gave a life-long Kiss. Soon after he slipped on the detailed ring on my finger.

I looked up at him. "It's beautiful." Then he cupped my face with his strong hands. "Not as beautiful as you." The. He kissed me again, ending our night.

Perfectly.

*****

**Flashback #2**

"Cara? What did you do?" I looked back at Chase who was standing in the door way. I was eight years old, and I was really short. "Mom, went outside for fifteen minutes and this is what happens?" He asked as if he was my OLDER brother.

"I was going to make cookies." I told him and he laughed. "You can't make chocolate cookies in fifteen minutes, Cara." He walked over with a broom and swept up some of the floor. Then looked at me. "We've got about ten minutes before mom comes in, we got this." He tells me, and we laugh the entire time. Chase was cleaning a mess I made, and didn't even hesitate.

Ps, mom doesn't know to this day.

******

**Flashback #3**

"Linda! Murphy! Is four in the morning!" I yell at them, as they drag me down the long, old hallway. "So?" They both day at the same time and then giggle.

We were in collage, and Linda had forgotten a book she needed. Murphy had offered to help her, but didn't know where the book was.... But I did.
So I got dragged into this. I had to find to the book, for then, at four in the freaking morning.

I was really tired, cranky, and I wasn't fit to talk to. How can someone forget a book, and then finally remembered it five hours before the test started. God, Linda was crazy for forgetting, Murphy was crazy for going with her, and I was crazy for opening the door for them. We were all crazy. Maybe that's why some other groups call us the "weirdos" or "the crazies." It don't bother me though, I was crazy and weird, so the name fit us perfectly.

We did get the book, and Linda got an eighty six on the test, I got a minty four, and of course, Murphy
Got a ninety seven. He was great in school, always was. He made he honour role in school ever year, I got it AlLMOST every year, but I missed grade 11. I wasn't great in grade 11, but I was average.

Whenever Linda, Murphy, and I are together, we tell this story. Since we're
Are such great friends, and no one else knows about that. It would be a great story to tell in years to come, and trust me.... It will get a few good laughs.

*****

I looked up at Brett, I could now see him, and hear him better. He looked at me with a fearful look and places his hand on my shoulder. "Are you alright Cara? Are you hurt?" He was panicking. I smiled. "I remember." I told him.

He back away. "What?" Then he smiled. "I remember it all Brett. Your proposal, collage, childhood, my hobbies the, personality, dislikes, likes. Everything! I think.... I think I'm cured.." I told him all out of breath. Brett walked over and kissed me. "Oh my god Cara. I love you, I love you so much....." He hugged me tightly.

I looked into his eyes. "You know what? That memory loss thing... Wasn't all that bad. It was an adventure" I told him and he looked confused. "Cara, your memory loss was terrible! How could you say that was good?" He spoke. I looked into his eyes.

"Brett, I fixed my broken relationships, I got my parents back together. I am a better person, and plus. The best thing about it was.... That I got to fall in love with you all over again..."

This time I kissed Brett, threading my fingers through his hair. I could feel his heart beating out of his chest as he pulled me closer to him, if that was possible.

He pulled away and looked directly into my eyes. "Oh, Cara. You don't know how happy that makes me..." He held me.

I looked up and he looked really excited. I tilted my head, and waited for him to speak. He took a big breath and spoke. His words caught me off guard.

"Cara, lets get married, really soon. I want you to be my Mrs. Anderson."