30. A call from dad.

A/N

Hey, guys! I am actually really happy that I made it to thirty chapters. I wasn't expecting this story to be this long, honestly.

I hope that the story isn't boring and that you've been enjoying it so far. Don't forget to vote, and let me know what you think.

Thanks for the support!

-Cordellia13

*******

"Listen honey, I know what that you don't want this to happen but..." Dad tried to speak but I cut him off. "No! Don't you love her? Why would you do this to her?" I was angry, even though I know that it's not his fault.

"Do this to her? She broke up with me!"

"That's not what she said."

"She came yelling at MY place, saying how she wanted divorce me. That I never appreciate her."

"Well, she said you crushed her heart."

"Sorry Sweetheart, but it's the other way around."

What? Did mom lie to me? She said that he broke up with her.... not the other way around. This is way to confusing. Why can't my life have one moment of peace. Just one, tiny little moment of pure silence.

"Dad, what happened?"

"I went to a bar, and I get really drunk. Work was a pain that day. I went with a few buddies. I came home a little while after, realizing my phone was gone. I turned around to leave but collapsed on the floor. I was too tired. I woke up with a pounding headache, and someone knocking on the door."

"Yeah?" I wanted him to continue.

"She told me she didn't want to do 'us' anymore. That I don't appreciate her. I was really confused of why she was saying this. She was crying and I really wanted to ask her why. She wouldn't let me speak, and then she said she wanted a divorce. I realized I head lost her, and I couldn't keep an angel that didn't want to stay. So, I let her go."

I felt the tears roll down my cheeks. Dad's story was a little different than moms. But mom's was filled with rage, while dad's was filled with regret. I heard him sigh. "Dad, what do we do?" I asked him. I always turned to dad when something went wrong, and now... I needed to help him with his problem.

"I don't know honey. Your mother doesn't love me anymore.." his voice had sadness stringing though each word. I wish I could help him. "Dad, maybe she just needs time to clear her head." I told him, but he just sighed.

"No, she doesn't love me. It kills me very time I say it, but it's true.

"No, it's not."

"She doesn't love me Cara! She doesn't love me like she used to."

I couldn't take it anymore. "She does love you! That's good right? She loves you. Not anyone else...you." I was all out of breath by the time I finished. Brett came out a mouthed "Are you alright." I shook my head and he gave me a thumbs up. The walked back into the bedroom.

"Listen, Cara. She'll find someone else. But, remember. I'll always love her, an I'll always love you."

"Dad, no. listen to me. She loves YOU!"

"Cara, Honey. Life won't always be easy. Some things you can't do alone. I know your taking this hard to, I can hear it in your voice. If you ever need anything. You know where I live. You can always visit."

"Dad, listen to me."

"Cara! You listen to me!" dad's voice was sharp. He must be taking this harder than mom was.

"You need to listen to me, Honey! This is how life is! I'm sorry, but that's how life is!"

Then I breathed out. That's how life is. Is that how the world is now. By going with the flow? By going down the smooth river, with no complications or adventure? What happens if we want to make to few waves? Make a few splashes? Throw a few rocks? That's how life is. That sentence could possibly mean a thousand things.

Nobody wants a plain, boring, old, life. What about the adventure, excitement, love, and new possibilities? Who would want to live without those things?

Exactly. Nobody would ever raise their hand. Everyone wants a life. Even though, can one truly live if you have nothing to live for? I don't know, and I'd say that no one knows. It's just one of likes millions of questions that have no answer.

That's why there are more questions than answers. It leaves us in suspicion. Keeps us on our toes, makes us wonder. Makes u want to learn and explore. The answerless questions, is the ones we all thrive to know. Make us want to figure out that answer. That everything has meaning, even if that 'everything' is a question.

I crack my fingers, and breath out. "Dad, you need to tell her that you care about her." I was praying that he was still there. Hoping that he wouldn't leave. "No." He spoke. I tried to fight back tears. "Dad, you have to." I told him, but he just came back with the same answer. "No."

"Why not?"

"She won't care."

"You won't know unless you try."

"I got a pretty good idea..."

"Don't be so negative."

"Honey, it will won't work. It never will."

"But you have to try."

I heard him breath out on the other hand. He muttered something to himself. "Listen honey. We've drifted apart. She doesn't love me anymore, why can't you see that? I can't stop it, she can't stop it, YOU can't stop it. Let it be, please. I don't want to hurt her any more."

"You think your hurting her?"

He sighed. Dad had never sighed so much in his life, he was really depressed. "Yeah, I know I am." I wiped a tear off my cheek and tried to stop myself from shaking. This was very touchy subject. "Dad." I spoke. "How do you feel about mom?" he groaned, and then I heard him speak very softly. Almost too quiet to hear, but I did.

"I still love her."