3. Breakfast in bed

Tiredness. That feeling like your eyelids are trying to darken the world around you, and you have no way to stop it.

No way to keep the brightness.

No way to see.

No way to stay awake.

However, when your this tired, you could care less. You want to sleep, even if you don't need to. It's just one of those little things you can't help. One of those little things you just can't resist.

*****

I woke up in a big queen sized bed, maybe I was just dreaming. But then again, nobody is never that lucky, and I will never be let of so easily.

I sat up in the bed and stretched my arms way above my head. I had a long yawn and dropped by hands down into my lap, as if they were dead.

The sun was shining through the curtains, so those curtains pretty much served no purpose. That's when my gaze dropped down to the ring. The silver ring. How there were small diamonds on both sides, leading up to a slightly larger one in the middle. God, it was beautiful. Could Brett be the person who gave me this? Or is Brett just some creep who tricked me into coming to his house?

Is Brett a creep?

Is Brett a liar?

Is Brett telling me the truth?

I have to many questions right now, I'm practically swimming in the unknown. Too bad I only know my name, my age, and that I'm really stubborn. I am very unlucky.

I snapped out of my gaze when I heard the door in the front of the room slam. Brett. "Good morning sleeping beauty." He laughed. He was carrying a glass of water and a small plate. I didn't have a clue what was on it though.

He walked over to he side of the bed and sat on the edge. "How are you feeling?" He asked as he sat forward, leaning his elbows on his knees. That's when my eyes went all funny and I went into some sort of dream.

**Flashback**

I felt all groggy and unwell. The way my skin was burning up and my nose was dripping like crazy. I sat there, in the queen sized bed, just trying to keep the snot from running out of my nose.

"Hey, princess." Brett smiled, as he cared a box of tissues. He came and sat on the edge of the bed and passed them over to me. "How are you feeling?" He asked as he sat forward, leaning his elbows on his knees. I smiled. "I'll be okay with you here." I answered, then lean back into the soft bed.

*****

"Cara!" Brett called out to me, shaking my shoulders. "What?!?!?" I asked his, sounding a little annoyed. It's not everyday your so called "boyfriend" shakes you when your still half asleep. "I keep losing you! What's going on now?" He yelled. I sat there, just looking at him. He was good looking when he was mad.

"Um, I remembered how sweet you are." I said bluntly. He looked at me with no expression and then smiled. "How sweet I am?" He laughed.

I smiled and swiped my hand playfully. He stood up and looked down at me. I probably looked like a total mess but he still said, "You are beautiful."

That's when it hit me. The ring. The beautiful ring. I reached out and grabbed his wrist before he left. "Brett?" I asked, sounding a little hoarse. I don't know when I had a drink of water last. "Yes?" He answered.