8. The restart button.

I looked over at Brett and said "I'm going out." He crossed his muscular arms over his toned chest and said, "where are you going?"

I looked up at him, and noticed then he was actually a lot taller than I thought he was, and also a lot closer. Which he, nine chances out of ten, did on purpose. I folded my arms over my chest, mimicking his position and he laughed. laughed.

I narrowed my eyes, expecting him to back up, but of course, he just moved in a little closer. The gap between us was no longer present. he placed him hands on my hips and spoke. "Tell me." Now this could be fun. I can mess with him now, as payback.

I batted my eyelashes at him. "Oh, does it bug you? Not knowing where your lovely Fiancé is going." I teased as I began to walk away, but he caught my small, fragile wrist. He pulled me in towards his chest and smirked. He must of caught on to the game i'm playing.

"So you want to play like that, huh? Well, I can get you to talk." he leaned his head down and gave me a soft peak on the lips, letting his lips linger a little bit. I started at him in shock. "Excuse me? Do you really think that was going to work. Well listen here and...." But he stopped me by kissing again. Longer, and harder. Ad if every second counted.

"Tell me." he whispered. I wiped my mouth and said, "never." I told ya, payback I sweet and I could tell that I was getting on his nerves now, and it was fun. Shouldn't of held me so hard, and shouldn't of kiss me in the kitchen Brett. Payback is really sweet.

Brett grabbed my arm hand and brought it to his lips. he started kissing my fingers, and trailed his kisses up my arm. Moving to my shoulder, and then the sensitive spot on my neck. I moaned in pleasure, which wasn't wise because he didn't stop, and I didn't want him to.

He moved up and nipped my ear. My skin muffled his laughter. He trailed several tiny kisses on my jaw and my check until he finally reached my mouth. However, before he kissed me there, he spoke. "Going to tell me now?"

I quivered. He looked real hot right now, I didn't know how to answer. I guess he took it as a now because he kissed me passionately. Ad I didn't want it to stop. No, it can't stop. I want him. I NEED him.

******
He pulled away from the kiss, leaving me stunned. "Tell me." he whispered, his voice a little rough. "Murphy's" I answered, my voice a little hoarse. He shook his head and smirked. Mmmmm, that smirk. "Don't try to get payback, I always win." Then he was gone, leaving me to think about him.

I could still smell his cologne. it lingered and it passed through the air, even though he had already left. I sank down to the floor and rested my head on my knees. Why can't I get him out of head? Is he really that good? That desirable? That addicting?

Brett Anderson, was the one person that could turn me inside out. Pull me apart and put me back together. I have only known him for two days too. Two days.

Could someone really have that much power over you? Brett as a lot of power over me, but that's because he's my fiancé. I have just as much power as he does, it's just that he knows how to use it.

I stumbled out into the kitchen. I grabbed my white over coat and put on my high heels. Before I left the house I looked at the calendar. April 15th. It had been longer than a month. What was I thinking. He probably has me forgotten by now.

I look down at my phone and search through my contacts. I clicked on the one that said "Murphy the cookie monster." It had his phone number, address, and his favourite places to be on a weekend.

I smiled and walked out of the house with a big smile on my face. Time to fix things with Murphy. I closed the door quietly behind me. Leaving my sorrows at the door, and picking up my hope. Which is the only thing I can actually pick up at this moment.

******

I stopped at the white door. My hand held a fist, as I was about to knock on the door. But I stopped. Should I knock? Will he want to see me? Did I cause him to much pain?

I shook my head and went to knock but I caught myself....again. I can't knock, I just can't. He'll feel more pain than pleasure if he saw me. I bet he won't even open the door if he knew it was me on the other end.

I turned around to leave.

I made it half way until I heard the door knob turn and the door slowly, swung open. There, in the doorway stood a man. His hair tousled. I wonder if he just got out of bed, was he one of those people that stayed in bad all morning and almost all afternoon? I can't remember, but me not remembering is kind of obvious.

"Cara?" he asked in shock, I guess he wasn't expecting me. I turned around completely and said "Murphy..." He came out of his house, in a white T-shirt and baggy pants. He ran over and hug me, spinning me around in the process. "I've missed you girlie!" he exclaimed. "I'm glad were okay now." I whispered.

Het set me down and said "Listen, I don't want to dwell on the past, lets start over you and me." he laughed. I guess he was excited to see me. He grabbed my hand and towed me into his small, but cozy house.

I guess you don't realize how much you love someone until they are gone. And trust me, I missed him a whole lot. I could just feel the joy running through my veins, and a few tears of joy fell from my eyes. I guess the feeling was mutual, because I looked over and Murphy had tears on his cheeks too.

We both laughed and closed the doors behind us. I got my little cookie monster back, and I got to push to restart it with him. But something tells me that i'm going to have to apply many more bandages than this. This is just the beginning.

However, I really don't know how i'm going to tell him about my crash. Or that I don't remember anything about him.