4. Mother's coming

"I have a mother?" I asked, like it was something new. However, to me, it is new. "Yes, your mother.shell be hear at 2." He repeated.

I placed my hands on my cheeks and thought for a moment.

Do I look like her?

What is she like?

What's her name?

Is she happy to see me?

Does she know about my memory loss?

Will she be disappointed in me?

My questions went from happy, to depressing. I don't care, I just need to know. God, I hate not knowing things.

"After your done this little question feud, we should talk." Then he was gone.

Talk?

He wants to talk?

About what?

And there I go, asking myself questions that I don't know the answer to! If I keep doing that, I'll give out for sure.

I took a deep breath and sung out to Brett. "Brett, I'm going to go out for a little walk." He poked his out through the door and yelled out. "Don't get lost." He joked. I rolled my eyes at him and said " I didn't lose that much of my memory." He laughed at that. Then I turned the knob of the long, brown door. Leaving Brett in the house....alone.

*****

The warm sunlight kissed my skin when I stepped out of the house. There was a light breeze, and it felt nice against my body. Even if my body was crippled, and cut.

I walked along a dirt trail the led to the main road. There were no cars in sight, and I could see down a long way. I smiled and walked across, very slowly.

On the other side, there were several trees and a walking trail. Perfect. This would be really good for my legs, I can finally put them to use.

I walked forward and trudged up the hill. It was actually tiring but worth every second.

After an hour, I came back to the main road. That's when I saw another lady, walking down the road. She looked at me, looked away, the looked at me again.

"Cara!" She called out and ran over to hug me. "I've missed you! I feel so bad about your car! How are you?"  She was just saying a whole bunch of different things and I couldn't keep track of what she asked me so I just said, "hey."

"How are you?" She asked. I nodded my head and answered. "Good."

"Didn't hurt yourself to bad, huh?"

"A little bruised, and broken."

"Oh! I feel so bad! How's your head?"

"A little whacked."

"What do you mean?"

I took a deep breath and said. "Listen, I lost my memory and I don't have a clue of who you are. Mind filling me in on somethings?" I asked her, after bluntly stating what was wrong with me.

She took a step back and shook her head. "Dang, your not joking are you?"  I shook my head and she placed a hand on my shoulder. "I'll fill ya in. Names Linda. I'm your best friend. We see going to have so much fun, boo."

Then my world around me disappeared and I enters a brand new one. Well, more like a old one.

**Flashback**

"Linda! Your going to get sick!" I called out to the messy blonde in front of me. "Cara, I love these. Don't ruin the mood." She shot back, then laughed when she she took another sip of her favourite strawberry smoothie.

"If you puke, don't blame me." I laughed. Then she pointed her finger. "If I puke, I need you to hold me hair."  Then she took another sip of smoothie.

"Listen." She smiled. "I'm going to finish this smoothie, even if it kills me."  I laughed and said "but it's your third one!" Then we were there, laughing at the cafe together. Having fun, as best friends.

*****

I shook my head and noticed that Linda was gone. She may of left when I went into a memory. That's fine, nobody wants to hang around with someone who gets lost in their head every so often. I looked around to make sure nobody else around. Nope, that's what I thought.

****

I went back home and saw Brett sat down on the couch asleep. It never did occur to me that the bed I slept in alone was probably our bed. Where did he sleep? The couch? In the chair? I don't know, I'll have to ask him.

I went over and tapped him on the side of the head, just above his ear. He breathed in and rubbed his eyes.

He looked up and smiled when he saw that I was staring down at him. "Miss me?" He asked. "Don't go flirting now." I scolded, and he laughed. I turned to leave, but I felt a strong hand grip my wrist tightly. I looked down and watched him stand up. God, he was tall.

He pulled me in close and held me,
As if he would lose me if he didn't. He brought his mouth to my ear and said "I missed you." Then he loosened his grip. He let his hand drop down to my lower back, and then he looked into my eyes. Would it be bad if I wanted to kiss his right now?

Kiss.

Him.

There were so many things going through my mind. I wondered if this is what we did before I got into the accident. Did he love me this much? Or is he just acting this way so I'll remember?

Acting.

Yeah, that thought just spoiled my little happy place. Now I've done it.

I looked up and saw him lean in. Oh god. But, instead of kissing me on the lips, he gave me a soft peck on the cheek. The he let go of me. He looked me in the eye and said "you will remember. And I'll be here with you, every step of the way."

My heart could of just melted at the sentence. Just imagine what would of happened if he actually kiss me!

I shook my head and let out a small laugh. "Don't mind me, you don't have to stop on my account." I whipped around and saw a older woman, in a black suit, and pencil skirt.

Brett looked at her and said "Hi, Mrs.Smith. Would you like something to eat?" She smiled at him. "You always were polite, but no thank you. " she smiled. Brett whispered in my ear. "That's your mother, I'll break the news to her after." Then he was gone. Leaving me alone With my so called mother. And I honestly had no clue what to talk to he about, let alone tell her about my memory loss.