Headphones (M.JessexAiden)

Jesse's PoV

Jesse was leaning against the window seat, just listening to music from his headphones and watching the scenery outside as it flashed past.

Jesse sighed, feeling a little lonely. He wished he had a friend to talk to. But at the same time, he didn't want a friend, since that would mean human interaction, and Jesse didn't really like that because he knew he would only make a complete fool of himself.

Someone tapped him on the shoulder, making Jesse flinch and tear his eyes away from the window.

He saw a boy, with lime green eyes, holding a book. His grey hoodie was covering his hair which also showed a hint of his white shirt underneath. The guy also wore a pair of dark blue jeans and a pair of red converse shoes Jesse wouldn't mind wearing.

"Can I sit here?" the guy asked, gesturing to the seat beside Jesse. Since Jesse's music was turned up quite loudly, he couldn't catch the guy's words but Jesse could tell what he was saying. Without a word, Jesse moved his bag, which was occupying the seat.

"Thanks." The boy mouthed at Jesse and slid into the seat just as the bus started to move. Jesse turned away to face the window and tried not to blush.

The lime eyed boy looked... really cute. The way his brown hair peeked out at the edges of his hoodie and the lime green eyes looking out the same window Jesse was looking out of.

Once or twice, he and Jesse made eye contact with the reflection of the glass and they would simultaneously blush and turn away. Until something distracted Jesse that is... that song.

Jesse looked down at his phone and paused his music. Sure enough, he heard that same song playing. But from somewhere else. Jesse looked over at the lime eyed boy and realised that he was playing the same song Jesse was listening to.

Jesse and the boy looked at each other for a split second, making eye contact before they burst out laughing. "No way! We have the same music taste?" the boy asked as Jesse smiled.

"They do say music brings people together." Jesse said as the boy looked at their phones, which were playing the same song at the same time. "What other songs do you like?" the boy asked excitedly, as if impressed with Jesse's music taste.

"Oh. A lot actually. I cant name them all though. But I'm addicted to this." Jesse looked through his music playlist on Spotify as the boy talked enthusiastically about the song they had listened to.

Jesse smiled. Well, at least the guy was cute. And not to mention, he had good music taste. "You have to listen to this." Jesse said, holding out his palm. The boy looked down at it and back up at Jesse, as if wondering what he wanted him to do. Jesse laughed. "Hand me your headphones."

The boy grinned. "Ooh so you trust me?" Jesse rolled his eyes and let the boy listen to the song he had chosen.

After three minutes, the boy smiled even wider when the song ended. "That's the best thing I've ever heard." he said. And for once, Jesse felt really pleased. Usually his classmates would just sigh and wave him away but this stranger... he appreciated Jesse's taste in music.

"By the way, listen to this!" the boy said as they exchanged headphones. Jesse looked at the boy, who was smiling as he hit play on his phone. Soon, the two boys were just laughing and exchanging music, back and forth.

"Oh crap." the boy said suddenly, looking out the window. "I think I missed my stop!" he laughed.

"Go go go!" Jesse laughed as the boy winked at Jesse playfully. "Bye friend! It was nice meeting you." with that, he swiftly scooped up his things before leaving the bus, probably running home. Jesse smiled and watched as the boy put on his headphones and ran.

Wait- Jesse took off the headphones he was wearing and realised that it wasn't his. Oh crap. It meant that the boy had his headphones! Aw man... and he had just bought it! Jesse sighed. And he didn't even know the guy's name. Sadly. Wait... what if... Jesse looked at the headphones closely.

After a few seconds of inspecting it, he noticed a name neatly written along the top. Aiden. Jesse sighed again. What good was a name if he didn't know where this Aiden guy lived?

Jesse vowed to take care of Aiden's headphones. Until they met again, that is.

**************************

One year later.
(Yes, that's a long time)

Jesse rested his head against the window, listening to the music that was playing from his phone. Jesse looked at his reflection sadly. It's been a year since he met that guy... and he still hasn't forgotten about him. His radiant brown hair and trusting lime green eyes.

He wished he could see him-

"Excuse me?" Jesse looked up at the reflection and whipped around to see... him. Jesse looked up at the guy to see a flicker of recognition in his eyes. "Aiden?" Jesse started to smile, wondering how could his luck be this good.

"Um.. do I know you?" Jesse recognised the headphones around Aiden's neck. So Jesse smiled, relieved to have finally found the guy he's been looking for.

"I believe you have my headphones."

Aiden blinked and looked down at the headphones around his neck. "So your name's Jesse?" Aiden laughed, sliding into the seat beside Jesse. "Sure is."

"That's a nice name. I've been looking everywhere for you... sorry I ran off with your headphones by the way." Aiden said with an amused smile. Jesse blushed, "Well, I still have yours so.. truce." Jesse held out the headphones.

Aiden smiled gently. "Nah, take it. Besides, it was new. And..." he blushed. "I like this headphones because it reminds me of how we met."

Jesse smiled as well, trying to keep his face from burning red as well. "Is it bad if I told you that I've been thinking about you for ages?"

Aiden laughed. "Nah, I've been thinking about you too. And..." he shook his head, as if he didn't want to continue.

"Well.." Jesse timidly reached out and took Aiden's hand, making both of them blush.

"I've been waiting for you to say that." Jesse said with a small smile.

-End