Why did this happen to me

Nicole's POV

I was outside in a light grey jacket with a light get scarf on in the fall weather. I was walking to the park before taking off my jacket and sitting on the bench. I was the only one here so I could think in peace.

I soon texted Zach asking him if he could meet me at the park. He of course said yes after I begged him for like 3 years. Ok maybe it was ten minutes but I was bored.

I set my phone down as I stretched only to get shot in the shoulder. I fell to the ground holding my shoulder and grabbing my.

I held it up looking the man in the eye before shooting him. Blood ran out of his stomach as he fell forward. I stayed in my spot before slowly getting up. I stood up and saw Zach turn the corner looming at the man before he looked at me. He came over grabbing my stuff and helping me to the truck. He put me in the back before speeding off to the hospital.

I groaned in looking at my hand. There was so much blood. The truck came to a stop and Zach ran around and picked me up before running inside. People came out rushing me to surgery and all Zach could do was wait.

*****************

Zachary's POV

Why did this have to happen to her. Out of everyone it was her. The girl I love. I can't lose her. I love her. She's my everything.

I sat in the waiting room crying and soon Becky and Mitch arrived.

"Where is she?"

"In surgery."

Becky sat down next to me crying while Mitch hugged her. I saw some tears fall but he was trying to be strong for Becky.

After what felt like days when it was really hours a nurse came in and looked at her board.

"Nicole Bethany Richards's family."

I stiod up quickly along with Becky and Mitch.

"Follow me please."

We walked through many halls until we reached Nicky's room. I watched as she laid there completely still but still breathing. I walked over looking at her. My Nicky is in the hospital. If that guy wasn't already dead I would hunt him down and torture him to death.

Mitch put his hand on my shoulder giving me a sad look. I just sat there and looked at her. Why did this happen to me. To Nicole. I laid my head by her hip and closed my eyes. Not intending to I fell asleep really tired.

*************

Someone kept messing with my hair and it was bugging me I lazily slapped their hand away before going back to sleep. I heard a giggle but ignored it. The person started messing with my hair some I decided to see who it was.

"You're awake."

"And you're a heavy sleeper."

"No I'm not."

"I have been messing with your hair for two hours."

"I was just having the best dream ever."

She laughed shaking her head. I smiled and kissed her head.

"You dork."

"Only for you."

She smiles and I looked over at her shoulder. It was wrapped all the way to just above her elbow.

"Nicole is free to go but you have to take it easy for a few days. Come back in six weeks then we will take the stitches out okay?"

"Okay."