He's okay

Picture of Zach

Nicole's POV

Becky drove me back and I ran to Mitch.

"Where is he Mitch."

"Follow me, but be careful."

"Just show me."

He nodded taking me to Zach's room. I was a nervous wreck. I was holding onto Becky's arm in her light blue jacket trying not to cry.

Once to his room Mitch opened the door revealing Zach. He turned his head with a small smile as I walked over to him. I had tears running down my face as I hugged him.

"Zachy."

"Nicky."

"I missed something."

I heard Becky slap Mitch and tell him to shut up. I put my head in Zach's neck hugging him still.

"I love you Zach."

"I love you too Nicole."

I pulled away from him and ran my hand through his hair with a small smile.

"Come on Nicole, we got to let him rest."

"What? I just got here. I can't leave him."

"I'm afraid to say this but your brother is right. Zachary, here has to rest."

"But I haven't been here that long."

"Well it's time to go."

They grabbed my arms as I tried to get out of their hold.

"Let fo or me. Zach!"

"Nicole!"

I ripped my arms out of their hold and ran to Zach hugging him. He hugged me back tightly before pulling back. He kissed my forehead just as Mitch grabbed my arm. I looked at Zach as sadness filled his eyes.

Once outside the hospital I turned to Mitch.

"I hate you. You know how much I care for him but you still pull me away! You didn't try to talk to the doctor about giving me a little more time! I'm staying with Becky tonight."

Becky and I walked to her car and we got in. She drove to her house and offered to get me something but I wasn't hungry.

"Nicole, you have to eat."

"Becky, the thought of food makes me feel sick."

"Then that's your body telling you to talk about what happened."

"We were in the park talking when all of a sudden Zach fell holding his side. He told me to grab his gun, so I did. I waited for the man to come out and when he did I shot him. He was killed and I dropped the gun and stayed by Zach. Then we got here."

"Oh. Let's get you something to eat."

I was a bit hungry so we went and got a fucking kids meal at McDonalds. I usually get a large Big Mac but I wasn't to hungry. Becky was happy though cause I at least ate something. When we got to her house I walked up stairs to her room and plopped on her bed. I munched on the fries while we played Call of Duty. It took my mind off a lot of things mainly because I don't like losing.

"Well you ate a whole fucking kids meal from McDonalds and won four matches. I say we watch some movies and see who the first one is to fall asleep."

"I like your thinking."

*****************

It was the fourth or fifth movie and I felt the great need to close my eyes for a bit. I let them close and soon sleep consumed me.