"Fuck this." Bucky mumbled dropping his tense shoulders, growing increasingly anxious with the coming of each lonely minute. Dangerously worried, the disgruntled soldier decided to take a stroll of his own in the attempt to calm his heart pounding outside his chest heart.

"Dammit, Kate. Why didn't you just tell him?" I angrily fumed disappointed that I'd built walls so fortified that I couldn't see honest help within arms reach. After months I still scolded my defensive response to his act of genuine kindness towards me in my time of distress. "You barely know the guy! He doesn't want to hear your shitty problems! Hell, I wouldn't even want to hear them!" I confessed nearly tripping over a monstrous log which sent a sharp, searing pain clawing up my leg. "Fuck!" I exclaimed catching myself but froze where I stood at the sound of leaves crunching under feet that weren't my own. "Bucky?" I anxiously gulped as fear struck my soul, only hoping to be greeted by a familiar face while finding it silly that I automatically assumed it was him.

"Kate?" He whispered curiously to himself, quickly turning his head in all directions looking for my sweet, forgiving face.

In a matter of seconds, the mysterious foot steps became louder, quicker, and seemed to be coming directly towards me.

"Listen, whoever the hell you are you do not want to piss me off right now. I've had a pretty fucked up last few months and I'm really not in the mood." I warned with venom dripping off my tongue as my breath hitched in my throat, quickly surveying the surrounding landscape as my eyes aimlessly darted back and forth; the only thing my scanning eyes bringing into focus being the swallowing darkness surrounding me.

"Kate!" Bucky finally shouted but his reassuring voice came from the complete opposite direction, alerting me the unknown sounds weren't his.

"Shit, shit, shit." I frantically repeated quickly darting towards the reassuring sound of Bucky's repetitive calls as my entire body burning as fear soon devoured me entirely.

After repeatedly tumbling over hidden rocks, logs, and bushes I glanced behind me while picking myself up, once again, only to see a dark figure heading towards my direction. The undeniably anxious, helpless feeling felt like no other and all at once a tingling sensation shot down my spine as the hair on my neck and arms stood completely straight; everything around me blurring into a hazy picture as the mysterious figure became my only source of unwavering focus.

"I-I'm being followed! He's male, tall, I couldn't make out any other details!" I choked from my raw throat nearly clamped shut feeling completely alone and vulnerable which rang like mantra inside Bucky's attentive ears; causing him to run determined at full capacity taking down anything in his path, his senses not bothering to register the jagged edges of snapping twigs brushing against his exposed skin.

"Kate, I'm coming! I'm coming!" He reassured running at a dangerously fast pace quickly switching over into defense mode; a mixture of both unleashed rage and crippling fear fueling his every step. I continued to desperately drag my now fatigued limbs behind me in the foolish attempt to escape the mysterious figure; all while the sound of snapping sticks mixed with my own panting flooded my ears concurrently meshing with wrestling thoughts mentally preparing to take down whoever the hell this was. Although, before I could solidify a concrete plan I came into contact with a speeding, solid structure which completely knocked my now alert body onto the dampened leaves crunching below me.

"Bucky? Jesus Christ!" I exclaimed relieved firmly clutching my chest as Bucky rushed to my side while his intently scanning eyes immediately checked for any sign of injuries.

"Are you alright? What happened?" Bucky panted effortlessly lifting me to my feet as my worries soon melted away as soon as his hand gripped my forearm.