-3-

It was getting later. He decided that he should head back to his hotel when he saw someone approaching him in the distance.
He squinted his eyes trying to get a better view at the shadowy figure. It had gotten much later so the sky had turned dark blue and street lights had been switched on. It was still difficult to see though.
As the figure got closer he could tell that they were tall and mascular, making Merlin nervous. He stood up, alert and ready to fight. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up and he had to swallow his heart in his throat.
Finally, he could see a face. It was a man, he had a short stubble and short neat hair. The man had a scar that traced from his lip to the bottom of his chin. Merlin just hoped that the scar would be the result of something like a heroic battle with a doorknob, not from fighting.
The figure looked tense and his stride demonstrated determination, like he was on a mission he needed to complete.
Finally, the stranger locked his blue eyes with Merlin, confirming the stranger was here for him.
"Halt!" Merlin yelled.
No wait, wrong century.
"I-I mean, Stop!" He yelled again, nervous at how close the stranger was getting.
The stranger did so, obeying Merlin's command.
Huh?
It wasn't often someone would actually listen to Merlin, so he was really confused that the stranger had actually stopped.
"Who are you and what do you want?" Asked Merlin, his fingers tingling with the magic beginning to flow through his veins.
The man put up his hands in a self defence gesture, and then spoke.
"I don't come to harm you. We need to talk."
The man spoke in a strange voice, like he struggled to form the words properly.
"Come closer, slowly." Merlin said, still standing on guard ready for anything to happen.
The man did, walking until he was only a couple of feet away from Merlin. It was at this point he noticed the man was wearing a navy business suit. What on earth was he here for?
Then, the stranger sat down on the cold bench Merlin has been previously sitting on. Merlin refused to sit back down so turned around to face the stranger, standing.
"Can I help you?" Merlin croaked, hating every second of this interaction.
The man put his hand into his coat, attempting to pull something out.
"Woah, Easy there!" Merlin exclaimed, not wanting to be shot.

Merlin hadn't been able to die fair enough, but he still suffered the painful injury. He was always weary about being shot in the head or vital organs because it took him a while to regenerate and he would just be lying on the floor for hours bleeding out, seemingly dead.
There was multiple times he had awoken in a morgue, and he always felt awful for the person he had horrified for the rest of their life. It's not everyday a seemingly dead person just sits up. The poor worker always ends up screaming their lungs out with pure terror. Then, Merlin would have to make some stupid excuse and bolt, trying to find some accessible clothes on the way.

The man held his hands up in defense, and exclaimed "Woah, calm yourself. It's just a piece of paper, see?"
Then, he lifted out a piece of white, folded paper and held it over to Merlin.

No gun. Merlin felt more at ease and grabbed the piece of paper. He opened it up for it to read:

--------------------------------------
'31/10/20  @ 12.00PM.'
--------------------------------------

"What is this?" He asked curiously, folding the paper back into his pocket.
"It's a date and time." The man replied, to which Merlin rolled his eyes to and said, "Obviously."
Then the man elaborated, "It's the date and time where you will meet my boss, if you are interested in our deal."
"What deal?" Merlin asked, finding the whole situation a bit bazar.
Then, the man locked eyes with Merlin and spoke in a cold voice,
"We know who you are."
That was enough to send waves of nausea throughout Merlin's entire body.
"I-uh, I d-don't know what you're talking about." Merlin stuttered, not amused to as what the man had just said.
"Oh really?" The man raised his right eyebrow, doubting what Merlin had to say. Then he just sat for a while, thinking, before he quickly pulled out a gun and shot a round towards Merlin.
It was all too fast but thankfully, Merlin's reflexes of magic were on point. He quickly redirected the bullet, sending it into the tree trunk instead of Merlin's head.
Then, Merlin looked towards the man, ready to use his magic against him.
"Woah, woah!" The man yelled, dropping the ground at his feet and putting his hands up.
"I was just proving a point." Said the stranger, panting nervously.
Merlin then looked at the gun at his feet and thought to himself, seriously?
He'd been tricked by a middle aged man. That was embarrassing.