A Killer's Promise Pt1

Start from the beginning

"Now be quite, pretty boy" V ordered, pressing the blade harder against Jungkook's throat

Jungkook began to struggle, and wanted so badly to scream out, even if it cost him his life. But part of him wanted to stay quiet, to listen, just so he could be the one to catch V. The killer shook his head and began pressing the blade against Jungkook harder, drawing blood. Jungkook whimpered at the pain, and V decided it best not to stay out in the middle of the alleyway. He pulled Jungkook into one of the old buildings, he knew there was no way he was going to get out of this alive if Jungkook so much as cried.

The killer saw numerous flashlights begin to illuminate the darkness. He heard Jungkook faintly whimper again, and that's when he decided he couldn't get out of here with Jungkook, no matter how badly he tried. Jungkook heard V growl, and he looked up at the masked individual.

"Say goodnight Jeon" V muttered

Jungkook smirked "I promise to take you down, V" then braced himself for what was going to come next 

Another deep chuckled came from behind the mask "And I promise to take you down with me, Jeon" 

Then Jungkook felt pain, heard gunshots, watched with blurry vision as V exited the building, and blacked out.

***

"Come on Kookie, wake up will you?" His partners voice echoed in his ears

Jungkook groaned and opened his eyes "Shut up Hoseok, I want to sleep" and flopped his head back down on the pillow

"You've been sleeping for three days!!" Hoseok whined  "We have news on V"

Jungkook snapped his eyes open again "And?? What happened after I blacked out?? Did you catch him?? Did he get away?? He didn't get away right??"

Hoseok sighed "He got away, I'm sorry Kooks. We were so close, we checked your clothes for any prints, found none. I don't understand, he's like a ghost. One thing I don't get is that he never leaves witnesses, so why did he let you live?"

Jungkook sighed, and groaned soon after "Could be because he didn't have time to kill me, but that would be dumb because he already had a blade to my neck. Could also be because he enjoys the hunt"

"What a creep" Hoseok mumbled

Jungkook shrugged "He's a serial killer, Jung. Of course he's a creep"

Hoseok laughed and nodded "Yeah I guess you're right" He crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair "So how's the head?"

"It hurts, but that's obviously gonna be expected" Jungkook said and sat up

Hoseok nodded "Yeah true. Do you remember anything besides blacking out?"

"Oh yeah" Jungkook growled "I remember plenty. He had broad shoulders, was tall, and had a deep voice. And of course was wearing that creepy white mask"

Hoseok raised an eyebrow "Mask?"

"Oh that's right, you haven't been working this case as long as I have. V has always worn this stupid white mask, its really creepy. It looks like a human face but the eyes are just black holes, and there isn't any detail" Jungkook said

Hoseok visibly shuddered "Scary"

"Mhm" Jungkook hummed "I'm hungry, can you get me something? Also how long until I can go back to work?"

"I'm not sure, you got hurt pretty badly. Doctor said you were lucky to not have brain damage. Dude hit you hard, man" Hoseok said

Jungkook shrugged "Food. Now" He ordered

"Geeze so demanding" Hoseok muttered as he left the room

Jungkook laid back in the hospital bed, and pulled the IV out. Then pulled out the cord connecting him to the heart monitor. The young cop didn't need that stuff, it was just a dumb head injury, he's had worse. Jungkook got out of bed and stretched, he tried the basic things like walking, standing, getting on his tiptoes, then rolling back onto his heels. He was fine.

The dark haired boy picked up his phone and uniform from the corner of the room. It looked as though they had cleaned his uniform, which was nice, and Hoseok must've charged his phone. Jungkook sighed and changed out of the stupid hospital gown and into his nice clean uniform. Then he opened his phone and scrolled down to the contact labeled as 'Chief' and pressed the call button,

"Jeon?" The Chiefs voice came through

"Yo, Joon" Jungkook said in a bored tone "You think I could come back to work?"

"W-What?" Namjoon seemed confused

"Work? Y'know my job?" Jungkook asked

He heard his friend sigh on the other line "What did the doctor say?"

"He said I was free to leave" Jungkook said a little too fast

Namjoon laughed "Is that so? Well I'm pretty sure she hasn't said anything since you don't even know her gender. So my answer is no, sorry Jeon"

Jungkook groaned "Please?? I have nothing to do here, and I'm fine"

"Not my choice to make, kid. Wait for the doctor" Namjoon said

"But--" Then the line cut off "Son of a bitch" Jungkook muttered

Jungkook pocketed his phone and shook his head in annoyance. He knew, that Namjoon knew, he was perfectly fine to go back to work. There's a serial killer on the loose, the police force needed as many men as possible right now. Besides, Jungkook wanted to catch V as soon as possible, that was basically his life's work. He promised to bring him down.

And V promised to bring him down with him.

"Well then, so be it"

(A/n) END OF PART ONE!!!! Tbh I thought I would just make a super long oneshot but then I decided that this was a good enough ending sooooo yeah. Anyway sorry for grammar/spelling mistakes and I hope ye'll liked it I'll see ya in the next one BYYYYYYYE