Chapter 10: Training

It was the first Saturday after Aizawa promised he would train you how to fight. Each night you had helped him with his grading at the end of your shift as agreed upon. Even though it was extra work, you didn't mind at all since you got to spend so much more time with Aizawa. You stood outside of UA's massive indoor gym holding a synch bag over your shoulder. Yesterday you had to go buy some gym clothes because you realized you didn't have any. So, you went with a (F/C) sports tank top and comfy black yoga pants (which hugged your curves quite well). Aizawa had texted you that he was running a few minutes late, so you went on ahead inside. The gym was pitch black before you flicked on the lights and the area came alive. You placed your bag down near the door. Since he's not here yet should I do some stretches? Shrugging your shoulders, you decided to warm up with some stretches. You began with working your arms and shoulders equally on both sides. Then, you moved to stretching your sides and back before bending down to touch your toes. The door behind you clicked open.

"Hey sorry I'm la-" you heard Aizawa's voice behind you halt. It was then that you realized the position you were in, bending completely over in very tight pants within full view of the man who just walked in. You jolted up and turned around to face him.

"H-Hi! I was just stretching! Don't wanna pull anything, right?" you laughed the awkward situation off. It was obvious that he was caught off guard, as anyone would be in his shoes. Your eyes raked over him in his workout clothes, which consisted of a tight black tank top and black sweatpants. You also noticed that his wild hair was tied up in a ponytail.

"Y-yeah," he said as he looked away and put the water bottle he brought next to your bag.

"Since you seem ready we can start now with the basics, if that's okay," he continued.

"Yes Sensei!" you shouted jokingly. Aizawa visibly cringed in response.

"No, don't call me that it's weird," you giggled at his reaction.

"Okay, okay I won't anymore. Let's get started." At this point, you just needed something to distract you from staring at his bare arms. He always wore long sleeved shirts, so you had no idea how muscular they actually were.

"We'll start with a beginning stance then," he began. First Aizawa showed you how to place your feet and bend your knees. Then, he instructed you to hold up your arms and fists. To be honest, he was a lot less strict teacher than you thought he would be. For everything he instructed you to do, he also explained why it was important or how it could be done other ways. You were a quick learner, so that combined with his calm teaching helped you progress at a decent pace. Though, it still made you quite flustered when he would physically adjust your stance or extremities. He would do the punches and kicks alongside you to demonstrate how they were done, so you both were moist with sweat after about 30 minutes (you much more than him).

"Let's take a quick break," he suggested, and you nodded in agreement. Not being used to extended periods of exercise, you were already panting from the physical exertion. You grabbed a water bottle from your bag and gulped a few mouthfuls down. Aizawa did the same and a small bit of water dribbled down his chin. He grabbed the bottom of his shirt and pulled it up to wipe the liquid away, but in the process his chiseled abs were completely exposed. You felt as if you would get a nosebleed right then and there and you nearly choked on your drink. His eyes flashed up to meet yours. Fuck he caught me! Quick, make an excuse!

"I've, uh never seen you put your hair up before," you smiled nervously.

"Well I don't put it up a lot. Mic always acts like an asshole about it when I do," he grumbled. You could definitely see Yamada teasing Aizawa about something like that even if you personally thought it was cute.

"Should we get back to it?" you asked.

"Sure. I think we can start with blocks and dodging now," he nodded as he placed his water bottle back down. You followed him to the center of the gym anxiously.

"Now I want you to try to hit me," he spoke with a straight face.

"What?" you asked, needing more information.

"I said, I want you to try to hit me. It's not like I think you actually can land one," he snickered. It was clear that he was trying to rile you up, and frankly it was working. You got into the beginning stance, then aimed a shot straight to his head. In a flash, he moved the upper half of his body out of the way of your attack. You huffed in frustration and began a barrage of punches and kicks in his direction, all of which he perfectly dodged.

"Is that all?" he teased. You made a 'tch' sound and threw even more attacks at him. As the exercise continued, your punches and kicks gradually lost speed and accuracy. After a particularly sloppy punch, Aizawa grabbed your wrist forcefully and whipped you around so your back was to him. A large arm circled its way around your neck and held you there firmly. You flailed a bit, trying to get out of his grip but he was too sturdy. Just when you were about to surrender, a sinister idea popped into your head.

"Ah oww," you hissed in fake pain. Aizawa's grip loosened in response.

"Are you oka-" his question was interrupted by you spinning around and hitting him square in the gut. He barreled over and grunted in surprise. You took the opportunity to put him in a tight headlock.

"What were you saying?" you asked with a sly grin. You heard him chuckle in amusement.

"Not bad, not bad at all. Now can you let me go?" His head was basically pressed up against your right breast in this position. Realizing this, you quickly released him in embarrassment. The two of you continued with practicing dodging and blocking, and you tried your best to forget being pulled in so close to his body. After another 30 minutes or so of exercise Aizawa ended the session.

"Aww come on I can go longer!" you complained, not wanting to stop learning when you were progressing so fast.

"No, you're gonna overdo it. I want you to practice on your own until next weekend anyways." You pouted in response but didn't protest. He handed you your water bottle and bag.

"You did do better than I thought you would," he said blankly.

"Thanks, I'm a pretty quick learner." A warmth flowed through you after hearing his praise. You felt your phone buzz in your bag and you took it out. It was from Midnight.

Nemuri: Hey I'll meet you at the mall in 20! You're still good to go dress shopping right?

Shit, I almost forgot about that!

You: Yupp! I might be a few minutes late though I was hanging with Aizawa.

You stuffed the device back into your bag.

"Sorry but I gotta bolt now. I promised Nemuri that I'd go dress shopping with her today." You looked up at Aizawa, feeling a bit bad that you had to leave so soon.

"That's okay. I'll see you Monday," he called after you as you ran past him.

"Bye!" you waved back to him as you left the building. Another text came through from your phone.

Nemuri: OOOO ;D you kids have fun?

A light blush dusted your cheeks as you began to walk home to change. It might not have been the objective, but you did have a lot of fun with Aizawa. Especially when you got to have his arms around you, even if it was in a headlock. You just prayed that he didn't notice how flustered you were. You crossed the street running besides UA and you gazed up at the afternoon sky.

What the hell am I gonna do about these feelings?